• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could I see your cat piccies!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I adore cats :love: I wish I could remember Lucy, she passed away when I was very young though. She was black and white but sadly no pictures of her as we didn't have a camera at the time. Where we live now though it isn't possible due to the main road and the dogs. My grandma has a cat, she is very friendly, she has had some teeth problems but is now doing ok, the vet doesn't think she is younger than 14 years old :love:

temp4ad24ff0-d0ee-4e0f-b2d1-ecb7a443a722.jpg

tempf86de93d-20e9-40e3-ab0d-f063ade3c001.jpg

Now please could I see your kitties :love: :D

Here is my Minky!
d2a9b1d0396711e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

She lives with my dad, she was from the RSPCA when she was approx 6, she's now about 13 and loves following my dad around! My dad lives on his own again now (brother moved out again just before new years) so I think he appreciates the company!

My cat, Puddy Muffin
DSCF5933.jpg

My mam's cat, Sheena (I actually can't find a photo of her where she isn't hissing!)
DSCF3644.jpg

She's lovely. :) :love: Glad you get some contact with a cat, as you are so fond of them. I bet she gets a lot of attention from you!

Manson, 8 years old next month, boy:

0072.jpg

Bebe, 3 years old, the only girl now:

0153-1.jpg

Young'un, 16 years old. He's a lovely old man:

027-1.jpg

Alfie, we don't know how old he is, but going by his teeth we think about 10 years old. He is the strangest cat I have ever known:

008-3.jpg

This was Marilyn, he (yes he) passed away last year aged 8. He was Manson's older brother as we got them both from the same house a year apart. We loved him so much. :cry:

Brow.jpg

This was my wonderful mummy's boy. It wasn't his real name, but we constantly called him Chas. We lost him aged 13. It broke my heart having him put to sleep after an urgent run to the vets. :cry:

chassleeping.jpg

Finally, another angel, our affectionately termed Princess Pea. she was Young'un's real mum. We lost her in 2010, she passed away after an op to see if they could remove the cancerous lump inside her. She was 16. :cry:

bunnies0201.jpg

I have had cats all thoughout my life, never a time without them, from child to adult. Sadly though, not all pics are on my computer. Still, I'd probably be here all night if they were!

Sorry for all the pics, these are my last 7 cats and the current 4, so I thought I'd show you them all! :oops:

Ok - so here is my Pipsqueak when she was a wee kitten (before I adopted her)

DSCI0023.jpg

A couple of weeks older:

DSCI0045.jpg

And when we got her:

Pip1.jpg

Asleep with my hubby:

DSCI0009.jpg

And now 4 years on (in the rabbit run!):

SL383006.jpg

And here's Arthur, another rescue - asleep with his monkey:

SL381192.jpg

With Pip, and sleeping in his favourie position :lol:

SL381747.jpg

Snuggled in a plant pot!

SL381868.jpg

Being silly!

121.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload! :oops: xx

There are some superb pics on this thread. :love:

Here are some of my cats - I have 5, two pedigree Maine Coons, two rescues and one who turned up on the doorstep, half-dead, at about 6 weeks of age.

Below: Gus yawning...
PA280040-1.jpg

Below, from left, Bert, Gus and Girlie - Bert is a "blow-in" who arrived on our doorstep one cold wet August, aged about 6 weeks, malnourished and borderline hypothermic. Gus is a Maine Coon purchased from a breeder and Girlie is from a rescue - we also have her brother.
P9260056-1-1.jpg

Below: This is Girlie's brother, Bidon, and Gus, the Maine Coon. When Girlie and Bidon arrived as 8 week-old kittens (with cat flu and ringworm - it was a rescue run by a good-hearted but entirely unrealistic woman whose animals were badly kept and one of the British volunteers moved heaven and earth to get the rescue-born kittens homed as quickly as possible.

About a month after we got G and B, the rescue was decimated by cat flu. All the kittens that hadn't been found homes died. This woman was a danger to the animals she took on. At one time, she had over 100 cats roaming free on grass. The grass was covered in faeces - it was an epidemic waiting to happen. Being "passionate" about animals isn't enough. And I don't direct that comment towards anyone here - I'm thinking of the photos those poor rabbits that were taken from a rescue recently.

Below is Gus with Girlie's brother, Bidon.

cats-01-1-1-1.jpg

An interesting thing to look at is the difference in sheer "bone" size between Gus and Bidon. Bidon is a normal 7 - 8lb / 3.5 kilo cat and Gus weighs 8 kg / 17 lbs - which is low average for the breed. The size of the bones in his legs and paws is double that of Bidon's. Bidon adores Gus and cuddles to him whenever he gets the chance. He wanders round the room looking on all the sofas, chairs and tables looking for Gus so he can curl up with him. Gus doesn't really care but tolerates Bidon very kindly.

Next, below: Gus being a bit of a poseur. You can see his tattoo in his ear - though he's chipped too, of course.
gusling-1.jpg

Below I've actually got a photo with all the cats though several of them are blobs on the back of a chair to the left. Woo is in his carton at the back of the table with Girlie in the carton in front of him. They're wine boxes, not particularly large but dearly loved - especially by Woo.
cats-in-boxes-1.jpg

Last edited:
:wave: does, everyone that has a group of cats, all your cats get along?? my mums cat monty is a nightmare and will have a fight with anything....namely my feet :roll:

Back