• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Princess Täplä & Nenä-bears current setup:

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
079f0bdc.jpg

f96c6d3f.jpg

b11f4385.jpg

That's their 6 x 5 shed with a 6 x 2 shelf in, an 8 x 2 x 2 run, and a 6 x 4 x 2 run :)

:love: my girls

0e061861.jpg
sleepin' & cleanin'

d714ae59.jpg
woken up by the rain :roll:

Wow, that looks ace! I bet they love the tunnel things! :love:

Lucky bunnies :D

They do love the tunnels :love:! Plus they're amazing because they allow me to move the runs all over the garden so 1) the lawn doesn't get ruined and 2) buns get a new angle of runs every week or so, so it's never the same! it's nice to be able to give them a change of scenery :love:

That's fantastic (also love the plastic box hidey hole thing!)

I wish I could do this with my run, but it's so heavy it takes two to lift anyway!

That's fantastic (also love the plastic box hidey hole thing!)

I wish I could do this with my run, but it's so heavy it takes two to lift anyway!

Oof yes mine are quite heavy! I'm able to drag them both but I'm under strict instructions not to, so as not to ruin the grass :oops:! The 8 x 2 run is REALLY heavy, it has like 8mm plywood as the roof :shock:! It's like bunny alcatraz :shock:

And yes they love the plastic hay box thing :D £6 and a stanley knife, and they spend so much time in it nomming and digging! It's always the simple ideas :mrgreen:!

I looks amazing. :thumb:
I wish I could have a setup like that. Looks like so much fun.

ooh i like the box idea, did you just cut a hole with stanely knife? did you have to sand any sharp bits ?

it looks like fun and wonderful but i would worry about them bitting through the tubes and escaping or an fox/cat/dog etc getting into the tubes

ooh i like the box idea, did you just cut a hole with stanely knife? did you have to sand any sharp bits ?

Yup just with a Stanley knife ! There were a few sharper bits which I just evened out with the Stanley knife :) the actual cut sides didn't come out sharp so no sanding required :)

it looks like fun and wonderful but i would worry about them bitting through the tubes and escaping or an fox/cat/dog etc getting into the tubes

N&T aren't big diggers or biters , and they've been using both tubes for over 6 months with no damage to any of the tube (we've checked inside too). They're designed to be very strong and don't buckle with 2 adult men stood on them, and are very hard to cut so it'd be very hard for anything to bite through. The diameter is too small to allow them to chew from the inside of the tube and they can't access the ends because of the door design. My stepdad has lived here 26 years and never seen a fox, even if a fox wanted to get into our garden he'd find it very hard as its concrete all round the outside so he'd not be able to dig in. Even if he did he wouldn't be able to get into the setup . We have no dogs in our household and the 6 foot gate is always locked , so it's extremely unlikely that we wouldn't see / hear :) . We can see the run setup from 7 windows in the house and there's almost always someone home that checks , and also the buns get shut in the shed at night :)

Last edited:
Ooooo amazing I LOVE it :D my buns would love that...they have a runaround tunnel that leads to a metal run...can't have it up much this time of the year because don't trust leaving the metal run out unsupervised while I'm at work. A wooden run takes up too much space which is a no no (darn in-laws :lol:)

Gorgeous buns :love::love: any pics of inside the shed? :)

I think the runaround tubes have metal rings going down the whole length to prevent anything chewing their way through

Ooooo amazing I LOVE it :D my buns would love that...they have a runaround tunnel that leads to a metal run...can't have it up much this time of the year because don't trust leaving the metal run out unsupervised while I'm at work. A wooden run takes up too much space which is a no no (darn in-laws :lol:)

Gorgeous buns :love::love: any pics of inside the shed? :)

Awh damn in-laws! Luckily my mom is very good about having a setup for the bunnies - she was quite restrictive but now she's totally fallen in love and will have anything in the garden :oops:! Could you get a folding wooden run? It's a bit more expensive but you could just slip it out the way :D?

These aren't recent pics, but this is what it's like (except the shelf is black now, as N&T decided to dig at it and ripped a big hole in the flowery tablecloth :roll:):

262871_10150744087040094_670695093_20018734_2482128_n.jpg

292713_10150744086845094_670695093_20018728_7409210_n.jpg

292651_10150744087245094_670695093_20018743_4295808_n.jpg

Their shed looks a bit empty there, usually they have a bit more!

Also, the middle run is empty because the whole point of adding that one was to discourage them from using it :lol:! We made it so they could go onto the relatively dry patio when it was really rainy but they prefer to just flop out in the long run :roll:!

Love the inside too...it looks nice and cosy with the smooth painted walls and patterned lino :) brilliant set up.

I did have a folded run but sold it...should have kept it really...not complaining though...I made a £9 profit on it after owning it for a year :lol: you've inspire to get another one though...should be able to find somewhere to put it out of the way when not in use. other trouble is that the in laws wouldn't want it on the grass and on the patio it would block access to the washing line...oh well :lol:

Do give N&T have 24/7 acesss to te whole set up?

N&T aren't big diggers or biters , and they've been using both tubes for over 6 months with no damage to any of the tube (we've checked inside too). They're designed to be very strong and don't buckle with 2 adult men stood on them, and are very hard to cut so it'd be very hard for anything to bite through. The diameter is too small to allow them to chew from the inside of the tube and they can't access the ends because of the door design. My stepdad has lived here 26 years and never seen a fox, even if a fox wanted to get into our garden he'd find it very hard as its concrete all round the outside so he'd not be able to dig in. Even if he did he wouldn't be able to get into the setup . We have no dogs in our household and the 6 foot gate is always locked , so it's extremely unlikely that we wouldn't see / hear :) . We can see the run setup from 7 windows in the house and there's almost always someone home that checks , and also the buns get shut in the shed at night :)

Ah ok I didnt know how strong they were etc.... its something I worry about personally thank you for explaining as when we move I considered a tube bewteen runs for when I am at work (when i get work) in the warmer weather

Ah ok I didnt know how strong they were etc.... its something I worry about personally thank you for explaining as when we move I considered a tube bewteen runs for when I am at work (when i get work) in the warmer weather

No problem :) I would definitely recommend runaround tubes and their attachments, they're extremely strong and even a few days ago someone posted on their facebook about how theirs stood up to a fox attack http://www.facebook.com/RabbitRunaround?ref=ts

Back