• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with digging??

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I can't understand - can anyone help?

She has never been like this before and has been with us since April.

The last few weeks she has been digging the litter trays EVERYWHERE. Don't feel you have to watch the video, but she does Binky a few times (Can't believe I got it on camera - she doesn't often binky because the floors are slippy).

I wondered if she is happy doing this? And if so, why now?

(Will add video in a sec - taking AGES to upload!)

Last edited:
Hi, as no-one has replied try changing the thread title to say you need help. I wondered if it would just be a vid of a bun digging rather than a request for advice. Sorry I can't help you myself.

Thanks for replies.

Changed title redfraggle - hadn't realised it read like that because it's in behaviour I assumed people would not think that - but hopefully it's more clear now!!

Hot Cross Bun - they never play with any toys so I don't give anymore. I will try and get a few and see if she will play with those instead.

To be honest, I've rarely seen them 'play' :( sad I know.

Gray might be able to help tomorrow. He had the same problem with Biscuit, esp if Biccy felt unsettled for whatever reason.

My daisy who passed away recently used to do it when her nails were getting a bit long but she used to big in the grass and in her big hay tray and once she had covered the whole shed would binky about quite satisfied :lol:

Thanks for replies.

Changed title redfraggle - hadn't realised it read like that because it's in behaviour I assumed people would not think that - but hopefully it's more clear now!!

Hot Cross Bun - they never play with any toys so I don't give anymore. I will try and get a few and see if she will play with those instead.

To be honest, I've rarely seen them 'play' :( sad I know.

Jumped out at me this time because you'd changed it. I always just go to "new posts" when I log on and don't seem to register what section things are under so hope it helps. This'll bump it too! :D

My daisy who passed away recently used to do it when her nails were getting a bit long but she used to big in the grass and in her big hay tray and once she had covered the whole shed would binky about quite satisfied :lol:

Good idea. Makes sense I suppose! Bailey has black nails though so really hard to tell. I've always thought her nails were long, but have been told a few months back they are fine. I will ask a rabbit friend next time I see her!

Back