• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in Manchester... UD/ fixed the holes!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
The garden is most definitely not rabbit proof.

First the foxes then I go out today and there is just so much storm damage. Entire fence panels have blown off. My dad has saved a couple and slid them back in but one is destroyed and the gate to the front garden is beyond repair. I thought of slotting a six foot run into the space where the fence panel should be but the post has moved out of position and the space is actually about 6ft 2 now.

Frustrating. It's such an amazing garden and I want them to have time out. My dad has said he might go and get a couple of fence panels from B&Q which is lovely. We might have to get an extra bit of wood to slot in down the side to keep it in place.

I'm proud of my 11 year old self though. The run I was looking at was Lopsie's run, my rabbit when I was 11. I had the sense when I was that age to get him a 6 foot run. :)

The winds must have been really bad up there. :shock:

How annoying for you all. Fence panels are not cheap.

Can Smoo and Grim have a run inside ? And good for you getting a long run at 11. :thumb:

They're in my sister's bedroom at the moment which is a fair size, but I think Smoo especially is finding it very warm in there and is loathe to do much but sleep. But then they are usually asleep at this time anyway. It's unfortunately the warmest room in the house it has the airing cupboard in it and all the pipes for the heating under it. The radiator is off, windows open and a fan on but it's still very warm. It was the only place I could rabbit proof and all her important stuff is out on the landing away from the teeth of Smoo. It's only for a week I guess, just annoyed as seeing them have so much fun in the garden is one of the highlights of visiting my parents.

They're in my sister's bedroom at the moment which is a fair size, but I think Smoo especially is finding it very warm in there and is loathe to do much but sleep. But then they are usually asleep at this time anyway. It's unfortunately the warmest room in the house it has the airing cupboard in it and all the pipes for the heating under it. The radiator is off, windows open and a fan on but it's still very warm. It was the only place I could rabbit proof and all her important stuff is out on the landing away from the teeth of Smoo. It's only for a week I guess, just annoyed as seeing them have so much fun in the garden is one of the highlights of visiting my parents.

It is a real shame, its so big and green too.

Hopefully the room will cool down soon, especially overnight. If I had my windows opened it would be an ice box within a few hours, but then one heater is broken and other one I don't dare turn on since Mr Bennett chewed it. No point putting on the only working one.:roll: This is at the back of the flat, the living room is nice and warm.

was awful weather in manchester the other day, wonder if your parents are anywhere near us, i know up near mums works they get loads of foxes
put wood strips down each side of concrete posts in panels :thumb: thats what we have done

was awful weather in manchester the other day, wonder if your parents are anywhere near us, i know up near mums works they get loads of foxes
put wood strips down each side of concrete posts in panels :thumb: thats what we have done

Yeah I think they're right near you, in Whitefield. We're going to put some strips down like you said. :)

Yeah I think they're right near you, in Whitefield. We're going to put some strips down like you said. :)

yeah thats a good idea :thumb:, i also added new strips to the top of ours earlier last week as they had started to rot abit, so that gave ours abit more strength, they should make them out of better wood :lol:

yeah thats a good idea :thumb:, i also added new strips to the top of ours earlier last week as they had started to rot abit, so that gave ours abit more strength, they should make them out of better wood :lol:

Ours are about 17 years old I think. :lol:
A few have been replaced over the years but some have been there all that time. Want to come over and fix my fences? ;) :lol:

Ours are about 17 years old I think. :lol:
A few have been replaced over the years but some have been there all that time. Want to come over and fix my fences? ;) :lol:

:lol: we have one fence, behind shed, it was up before we moved in and was rotted back then thats been standing about 17years or more too, every year i say to dad, i check it after bad weather, im surprised it still stands :shock:, it has repairs, but the main woods soo rotted it falls apart when touched, dad won't replace it because it will be pointless waste of money as the selfish guys who have garages round back always have to wash their cars behind ours, and hose pipe, jet wash adn that fence is always being hit and soo soaked through

I just dragged Lopsie's old run up to the back of the garden, behind two bushes and a tree and blocked up the hole! I hurt my back but it was totally worth it because Grim has rewarded me with the biggest binky I have ever seen! His feet came up to my waist. And since then he's done three more and Smoo has done loads and bunny 500s. But Grim hardly ever binkys, I think I've seen him do about three before in the whole time I've had him and he's done four today!

I love happy bunnies. I'm going to get a bowl of the spiced butternut squash soup I made with my brother yesterday and sit out in the garden with them in the rain. :love:

:love: I have never seen Cutie-pie do a binky. I guess its hard on laminate or carpet, although Mr Bennett does about once a week.

That is one big high binky. :shock:

Back