• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everyone!

crazycatlady

Young Bun
Hello,

my name is Ivonne, I'm originally from Germany (so please excuse grammatical errors and spelling mistakes) and I have been living in Wales with my british husband for the last 5 years.

We have got 5 cats and and the occasional foster cat and bumped into 2 rabbits that needed rehoming last week, so now we've got 5 cats and two rabbits ;)
The cats are named: Marvin, Delilah, Molly, Snuggles and Jersey and we named the two lady buns Lilly and Dottie. I've got no idea what breeds they are, Lilly is white with a hue of grey at the tip of her fur and Dottie is an albino lionhead rabbit.

We are experienced cat servants but absolute rabbit novices, it is however great to have an additional two vegans (on top of the hubby and me) in the house and we have peacefully been sharing cabbage and carrots for the last couple of days ;)
We can't really keep the rabbits in the house because of the cats and have therefore ordered a 6x10 ft shed that we will convert to a hopefully nice rabbit house with attached run over the next month or so (if weather and time allow).

I have posted the shed plans over on the housing board, please let me know what you think. Also, thanks to everyone who already has taken the time to give me advise, it's much appreciated !

Ivonne

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing all the right things to give these two bunnies a little palace!

Hi and welcome!!

What lucky pets you have! I saw your other thread and am amazed at how amazing it all is!!

:wave: I hail from Germany too and I'm sure everyone will be very helpful and patient we have members from all over the world. Welcome to the forum :D

Hello,

my name is Ivonne, I'm originally from Germany (so please excuse grammatical errors and spelling mistakes) and I have been living in Wales with my british husband for the last 5 years.

We have got 5 cats and and the occasional foster cat and bumped into 2 rabbits that needed rehoming last week, so now we've got 5 cats and two rabbits ;)
The cats are named: Marvin, Delilah, Molly, Snuggles and Jersey and we named the two lady buns Lilly and Dottie. I've got no idea what breeds they are, Lilly is white with a hue of grey at the tip of her fur and Dottie is an albino lionhead rabbit.

We are experienced cat servants but absolute rabbit novices, it is however great to have an additional two vegans (on top of the hubby and me) in the house and we have peacefully been sharing cabbage and carrots for the last couple of days ;)
We can't really keep the rabbits in the house because of the cats and have therefore ordered a 6x10 ft shed that we will convert to a hopefully nice rabbit house with attached run over the next month or so (if weather and time allow).

I have posted the shed plans over on the housing board, please let me know what you think. Also, thanks to everyone who already has taken the time to give me advise, it's much appreciated !

Ivonne

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
We want to give the rabbits an as good as possible home and since we know literrally nothing about rabbits this forum is an invaluable source of information and inspiration!

As for the shed plans I posted , please dont get your expectations too high ;) I can't guarantee that I can deliver the shed exactly as planned, but I will definitely try ;)

Back