• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please remember RESCUE RABBITS

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of RosRWAF;

Please remember RESCUE BUNNIES

This week we're reminding everyone about RESCUE BUNNIES - there are thousands of bunnies patiently waiting for a second chance and a forever home. If you have a single bunny please think about getting him or her a friend, or perhaps you have room to take on a pair of bunnies? Rescue bunnies are often vaccinated and neutered already, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you have saved a bunny and that the rescue will be able to save another one in its place.

401625_10150511839732148_191449507147_8880770_2055908502_n.jpg

The 2 rabbits in the photo are Mr Sniffles and Lexi. They have been at the Huntingdon Wood Green centre for just over a year. This is what Wood Green has to say about them: 'They are full of character, ideally looking for an adult home as Mr Sniffles does have a little attitude. Lexi loves her magazine rack which we fill with hay, she will often jump into it and settle down for an hour or two'

All rescues need you to adopt, but as a start, we're featuring these three across the UK. Please look at their rehoming criteria as they often differ slightly:

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehome/small_animals

http://www.buddiesbunnies.co.uk/BuddiesBunnies/Our_Bunnies.html

http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/adoptr.html

We have a database of rescue centres. If you're looking for one near you, please get in touch.

If you're not able to take on a rescue bunny or two this year you can still help! Please spread the word about rabbit rescue. Not everyone is aware that rabbit rescues exist, and you can help a rescue on a practical level by offering to help muck out, or donating food, toys or hay. Why not find out where your local rescue is and get in touch, to see if you can help?

Ros

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/

Both gorgeous :love:! Unfortunately, while N&T are best friends, they aren't as loved up as some pairs and I wouldn't want to risk introducing another bun and N&T falling out. I can't have another setup as I'm at my moms house, and I could never get rid of either. But if/when N&T go to the big binky field in the sky, it'll be a quad for me ;)

What a beautifully timed post for me.

I lost my beloved Oscar today and I now have to find Monkey his wife a new partner.

I think it's important to remember there will always be a bunny suitable for you somewhere, even if it's not in the nearest one! Lots of people check the nearest place or two and decide there isn't a suitable rescue bun out there for them :(

What a beautifully timed post for me.

I lost my beloved Oscar today and I now have to find Monkey his wife a new partner.

So sorry to hear about Oscar. :( Hugs for you (((*)))

I'm sure you will find a new friend for Monkey when you are ready, there are so many buns in rescue and if you can't find a bun close by, there are plenty of rescues and members willing to help with a bunny run. :love:

I think it's important to remember there will always be a bunny suitable for you somewhere, even if it's not in the nearest one! Lots of people check the nearest place or two and decide there isn't a suitable rescue bun out there for them :(

:thumb:

Let's hope 2012 is a good year for all the rescues. :thumb:

Me too!

RWAF will be featuring different rescues regularly to give them more exposure and hopefully help find new homes, especially for the long termers.

Let's hope 2012 is a good year for all the rescues. :thumb:

I really hope so. We are at a bit of a stand still at the moment with lots of pairs in rescue, and lots of singles that just arent having any luck :( Its so sad. Paws crossed for a good year :)

I will of course look at places further away if there are no boys suitable nearby, I am always happy to travel for the right bunny :D

I would love to get a bunny friend for my rabbit, but my mum won't let me :(

I hope that lots of buns get re-homed this year though! :D

Back