• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny & Guinea Pig Olympic Games 2012! CLOSED

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
We are hosting our own version of the 2012 Olympic Games here on PaP! This is to help raise funds for the Easter PaP share out.

There are events for Bunnies & Guinea Pigs to enter, and all entrants will receive a rosette!

Registration Fee: £2.00 per entrant, which helps towards the cost of a participation certificate, rosette and postage and packing per entrant (if we have enough entries the price of the rosettes will be cheaper, so any excess will be added to the PaP fund)
Entry fee for events: after registration it costs 50pence for each event you enter, so you can enter just one event if you want (50pence), 2 events (£1.00), 10 events (£5.00) etc.

There will be a winners certificates and a small prize for each event winner (the winner for each event will be done by a draw of all entries in each category). All of the 50 pence entry fees are for Pledge a Pound.

Every participant will have their name entered in a draw for a pink bunny car - Orange has kindly donated this - she won it at the Christmas event but has no bunnies to use it at present, so has donated it back to help with even more fundraising. Thank you Orange!!!! So, if someone enters one event they get one entry into the draw. If they enter 5 events they get 5 entries into the draw, etc.
pinkbunnycar001-1.jpg

Money should be sent to: pledgeapound@hotmail.co.uk
Please ‘GIFT’ your payment and mark it ‘OLYMPICS’ and add your username.

Events
Bunnies:
High Jump (photos of bunnies doing binkies)
Gymnastics – balance beams (photos of bunnies in precarious places)
Synchronised Eating (2+ bunnies eating in unison)
Sleeping Marathon (photos of snoozing bunnies)
Shot Put (photos of bunnies throwing toys or other objects)
Tug of War (photos of bunnies pulling things from each others’ mouths)
Figure Skating (photos of bunnies periscoping)
Long Jump (those photos where you just get the back end of the bunny as they jump out of shot....)
Field Events (photos of bunnies on grass)

Piggies:
Synchronised Eating (2+ piggies eating in unison)
Sleeping marathon (photos of snoozing piggies)
Tug of War (photos of piggies pulling things from each others’ mouths)
Synchronised sleeping (photos of 2+ piggies sleeping in unison)
Field Events (photos of piggies on grass)
Swimming (photos of piggies having a bath)

PM your entries to me, and they will be put up on this thread in their categories.

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 7.00pm, Sunday 12th February. The winners will be drawn soon afterwards. Closing date extended to 1st March

Last edited:
I seen this over on PaP, will deffo be entering, just need to look through my pics :)

Awww! What a lovely idea.

If only I'd got a pic of Ada jumping out of her pen the other day, she could win the high jump, or maybe gymnastics.

Spenser will be entering. He has paid his entrance fee but Mummy has still to sort pics. :wave:

:lol:

Keep the camera handy - she's sure to do it again ;)

I put a blanket over the top with clothes pegs, and now I make sure I let her out as soon as I get up, and that she only goes in when I'm going to bed or going to be out for more than an hour or so. Though today she did try and climb some stuff in a tiny corner I assumed was inaccessible. Only realised when I heard her slide about 2ft down to the floor, poor bun. Her other skill is sneaking through doors I am about to close (so I have to be very careful to see where she is so she doesn't get hurt). She has quite a talent for escape and infiltration ... hopefully I'll photograph her doing something soon :D

So would a bunny jumping a homemade jump not count? Just I could have entered Mischief if it did; he loves jumping and I usually have the camera ready. I can never catch binky shots unless on film :lol: :love:

Have had quite a few entries for bunnies so far, but not any piggies :( but there's still plenty of time for you to enter your bunnies and guinea pigs :D

I nearly got a photo of Spenser throwing his ball a couple of days ago. :roll: I seem to be a master of 'nearly' photos, but there is only one category for those, which I have already entered. Has the entry for Mr McFlurry be registered?

Closing date extended to 1st March.

We desperately need more piggy entries, please :wave:

And more bunny entries are always welcomed :)

Back