• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit poo............need some advice

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Julie had smeary poos. I cut back on other foods to get her to eat more hay. She seems fine now but still has dried poo on her. The last time I tried bathing her bottom in a tiny bit of water she laid down so was soaking wet. I can't turn her over to try and wash it or trim it as she won't let me. She is always grooming but can't seem to get it off. I have even found that she has ripped out some of the fur with the poo attached. That worries me. She still has quite a bit left. I want to clean her. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Can someone else hold her so her back is to their chest so you can tease out the worst bits?

Can someone else hold her so her back is to their chest so you can tease out the worst bits?

That is the major problem neither I nor my OH can hold her anymore. She has always hated being held and fought it but then she started the loud whimpering when we try so we can't. That bothers us and I think she knows it. I hate taking her to vet because she let out a yell once. The only way I can wash her is to have her stand and try to get under her with a wash cloth but with the dried poo, it isn't working.

might have to bath her and if she lays down and gets soaked youll have to dry her... I dry yuki with a hair dryer on low shes always getting a dirty bum due to ec.

best way to do this is get a small tub like this http://nannypicks.com/2008/11/infant-tubs-vs-the-kitchen-sink/

Dont fill it up to much just enough to do the job

I have a plastic tub that I have used in the past. I guess I will have to do that but because I can't pick her up I can't really blow dry her under side. It is fairly warm in the house so I guess I will have to do what I did last time which is put out big fluffy towels for her to sleep on. She loves towels to sleep on but it still took a while for her to dry.
I wonder if I her get her to lie on a warm wet wash cloth if that would soften it enough for her to groom it off???/

I have a plastic tub that I have used in the past. I guess I will have to do that but because I can't pick her up I can't really blow dry her under side. It is fairly warm in the house so I guess I will have to do what I did last time which is put out big fluffy towels for her to sleep on. She loves towels to sleep on but it still took a while for her to dry.
I wonder if I her get her to lie on a warm wet wash cloth if that would soften it enough for her to groom it off???/

if you cant blow dry her it might be an idea to use a damp cloth.... as its winter if you cant dry her she could get cold

Back