• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Oat Hay from Hay Experts is Best?

Milky&Honey

Warren Scout
Hellooo :D I recently discovered how much my pair love green oat hay (bought a small pack from Wilkinsons) and I was having a look at the Hay Experts for their range. I want something that I can give them as a treat and supplement to their regular unlimited Timothy on Rye...Which of theirs do you knowledgeable people recommend? I was liking the look of this one: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...ay+Type.130/Oat+Hay.18/Green+Oat+Hay.235.html mainly cos of the price :oops: but it looks dry and brown :/ has anyone tried this?

Thenn, I saw this one: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...8/Oat,+Wheat+%2526+Barley+Hay+:+454g.275.html and it looks like exactly what I want.

BTW, price isn't really an issue, would like to give my rabbits the best, but if there are two identical products and one is cheaper...:D

Thank you!

I get the first one and its not of bad quality my buns love it they love green oat hay they go mad for that one

its all about the buns personal preferences none of the hays are better than the other its what your buns like

@catherine09:Nope, got it from one of their branches xP They don't have it in the branches around me but when I went to Bristol, I went to a branch there to look for rabbitty stuff and saw it :D

Thanks for the replies :) I think I may just buy both and see which they prefer xP

With one of The Hay Epxert's oat hays you can select whether you want green or yellow. Spenser generally prefers green, but the last bag is so green he will not eat it. :roll:

Just out if interest, but how is oat or barley hay different to straw made from oat and barley? I get bales from a local wildflower meadow and also found some lovely soft green hay in Jolleyes.

@catherine09:Nope, got it from one of their branches xP They don't have it in the branches around me but when I went to Bristol, I went to a branch there to look for rabbitty stuff and saw it :D

Thanks for the replies :) I think I may just buy both and see which they prefer xP

Oh I see - I'll have to keep my eye out for that in my local stores :thumb:

Oh gawd. I knew this would happen. I went on Hay Experts JUST for the oat hay but in the end my order came up to just under £30 :roll: Oh well, I'll just keep telling myself that I'm saving money as the postage cost was the same as it would be for just one item :D

Again, thank you for the responses, and sorry Kittykat23uk, but I have no idea. :oops:

Back