• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buckley Update: it's not broken. It's infected :(

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley is limping. We're seeing the vet at 2.30
Don't know if it'll be Jason but any vet will do right now :(

The vet couldn't find anything obviously wrong with his leg (back left). She said it doesn't feel swollen, he's not dislocated anything, and it doesn't feel like a break. She's pretty sure he hasn't broken it as he is able to put some weight on it and it has a full range of mobility and doesn't do anything it shouldn't.
She thinks he's bruised it when he's been flying around and bouncing off furniture. Looks like he's clipped his plums too in the process (looking forward to getting him neutered!). He's been given an injection of metacam, and she gave us some metacam syrup to give him tomorrow.

He keeps looking at me sadly and crunching his teeth :(

But overall, pretty good news I think.
Just have to save up again for his neuter. Dunno if we could claim back the £50 for this on petplan? Not sure it'd be worth it to be honest. I'm sure I can borrow some money off my mum to pay for the neuter.

:( He's just being very still at the moment, like moving hurts. How long does metacam take to kick in? It's been about an hour since he had the injection.

Thank you for all your vibes.

Poor Buckley. Hope he is fine very soon.

I don't know how long it takes for metacam to work.

Thank you, he seems a bit more perky. I keep putting broken bits of fenugreek crunchie around the room to keep him moving around, otherwise he just sits crunching his teeth. Each time I get him moving he goes over to his hay and eats lots of it, then hops over to his bottle for a drink.

I'm glad we have such lovely vets at our surgery. She didn't want to give him back, kept saying how pretty and smooshy he is :lol:

Poor Buckley, I hope the metcam soon has him feeling more comfortable. xxx

He's flopped out with his face smooshed into a pile of hay :love:

He seems more content now. Still not moving around much but that's ok. We can surround him with hay and bowls of water. I'm just glad he's comfy :) When he does move around he doesn't use the leg properly if you know what I mean, but it doesn't slow him down at all.

Might be best if he doesnt move about too much for now anyway, if he's injured.

Glad to hear he's doing better after his metacam :)

He won't take the oral metacam. He's in pain, he's tooth crunching and limping but he won't take the metacam :(
I wish I could explain to him that it'll help :(

Back