• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's gone

Romily

Warren Scout
I can hardly type for crying as my beloved Oscar died in my arms this morning. When I got up he was lying on his side which is something he has never done and Monkey was clearly agitated. I thought he had passed in his sleep but when I reached in to take him out I could feel that he was breathing. It was on the journey to the vets that he stopped breathing and passed away.

We only had him for such a little while but he was so happy with his new wife and showed no signs of illness. The vet could find nothing obviously wrong so it just must have been his time to go. I just feel so terribly sad x

I can hardly type for crying as my beloved Oscar died in my arms this morning. When I got up he was lying on his side which is something he has never done and Monkey was clearly agitated. I thought he had passed in his sleep but when I reached in to take him out I could feel that he was breathing. It was on the journey to the vets that he stopped breathing and passed away.

We only had him for such a little while but he was so happy with his new wife and showed no signs of illness. The vet could find nothing obviously wrong so it just must have been his time to go. I just feel so terribly sad x

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Misty just before christmas and I'm still deeply upset by it - I keep dreaming about her and it's affecting me badly.

All I can suggest is to focus on finding a new bun - really the search for local resuces to find a new bun has really helped take my mind off the sadness and while I still get upset I can always look forward to giving an unwanted bun a good home :)

So sorry for your loss. :cry:

I'm sure it was a comfort to him that you were holding him when he passed. xxx

I am so sorry you lost Oscar.

My Sunshine passed away in my arms in September. Like you I found him very unwell in the morning. The cab turned up that was taking me to the vets, not long after he passed away.

Its heartbreaking. Big hugs xxx

So so sorry :(
I also found my Smudgey in this way, and he died in my arms on the way to the vets, so I understand how horrible it must be for you :(

I'm so, so sorry. He was so special and lucky to find his way into your home.

Thinking of you all.

Binky Free Oscar. x

Thank you so much for all your kind words, I just feel lost. Poor Monkey keeps looking for him. What do I do from here, should I wait to find her a new partner or is sooner better than later? I just want to make sure I am doing the best for her x

Thank you so much for all your kind words, I just feel lost. Poor Monkey keeps looking for him. What do I do from here, should I wait to find her a new partner or is sooner better than later? I just want to make sure I am doing the best for her x

There is no hard and fast rule, it's just whatever you think she needs. Did she get to see his body after he died?

Back