PDA

View Full Version : He's gone

Romily
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I can hardly type for crying as my beloved Oscar died in my arms this morning. When I got up he was lying on his side which is something he has never done and Monkey was clearly agitated. I thought he had passed in his sleep but when I reached in to take him out I could feel that he was breathing. It was on the journey to the vets that he stopped breathing and passed away.

We only had him for such a little while but he was so happy with his new wife and showed no signs of illness. The vet could find nothing obviously wrong so it just must have been his time to go. I just feel so terribly sad x

catherine09
07-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I can hardly type for crying as my beloved Oscar died in my arms this morning. When I got up he was lying on his side which is something he has never done and Monkey was clearly agitated. I thought he had passed in his sleep but when I reached in to take him out I could feel that he was breathing. It was on the journey to the vets that he stopped breathing and passed away.

We only had him for such a little while but he was so happy with his new wife and showed no signs of illness. The vet could find nothing obviously wrong so it just must have been his time to go. I just feel so terribly sad x

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Misty just before christmas and I'm still deeply upset by it - I keep dreaming about her and it's affecting me badly.

All I can suggest is to focus on finding a new bun - really the search for local resuces to find a new bun has really helped take my mind off the sadness and while I still get upset I can always look forward to giving an unwanted bun a good home :)

Liquorice
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Awww I'm so sorry :cry: :cry:

Binky free at the bridge Oscar :cry: :cry: :cry:

susie bun
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
So sorry for your loss. :cry:

I'm sure it was a comfort to him that you were holding him when he passed. xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I am so sorry you lost Oscar.

My Sunshine passed away in my arms in September. Like you I found him very unwell in the morning. The cab turned up that was taking me to the vets, not long after he passed away.

Its heartbreaking. Big hugs xxx

weeble
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
So sorry

KarenM
07-01-2012, 01:36 PM
:cry::cry: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Elena
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry:

HorseyHolly
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM
So so sorry :(
I also found my Smudgey in this way, and he died in my arms on the way to the vets, so I understand how horrible it must be for you :(

Janey
07-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Im so sorry. Sleep tight little man.x.x.

Alleycat
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM
So sorry for your loss x

obsessedwithanimals
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
binky free oscar...
-xxx-

Captain Helen
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: Binky free Oscar xx

Hoppit!
07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Oh no. :cry: I'm so sorry.

Tracy
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry :cry:

Goodnight Oscar, sleep tight little one. xx

Skylar
07-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Oh gosh, I'm really sorry :cry:

Binky free, Oscar.xoxox

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm so, so sorry. He was so special and lucky to find his way into your home.

Thinking of you all.

Binky Free Oscar. x

Joanne Jenkinson
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
That's so sad. Am so sorry for you. Binky free Oscar!

Romily
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind words, I just feel lost. Poor Monkey keeps looking for him. What do I do from here, should I wait to find her a new partner or is sooner better than later? I just want to make sure I am doing the best for her x

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind words, I just feel lost. Poor Monkey keeps looking for him. What do I do from here, should I wait to find her a new partner or is sooner better than later? I just want to make sure I am doing the best for her x

There is no hard and fast rule, it's just whatever you think she needs. Did she get to see his body after he died?

Romily
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
No she hasn't yet. I brought his body home but didn't know if letting her see him would help or harm.

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
It would help her because she needs to understand where he has gone. Then she will stop looking. If you can maybe wrap him in something and just place him somewhere with his head showing, that should be enough. I tend to give 30-45mins depending on what the bunnies are do. It will be difficult for you though, so be gentle with yourself.

little-laura
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
you have been given good advice... were all here for you *hug*

is there someone at home for you?

Romily
07-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I know this sounds silly but I don't want to lift him out as he will be cold and not my boy anymore. My husband has offered to lift home out and lat her spend some time with him.

I really am so grateful for all your advice and support, I was worried I would have to go through this without anyone really understanding x

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
That doesn't sound silly at all. If your husband can do it then that would be better :)

Kittykat23uk
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Hugs! I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Oscar. Binky free bunny. x :cry::cry:

little-laura
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
huggles you will always find an understanding ear on here

we all love our buns to bits and many have known the pain of losing a loved bun

weedug
07-01-2012, 06:05 PM
So sorry :cry::cry:

hurricanhoney
07-01-2012, 06:07 PM
So sorry:cry:

poppymoon
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
i'm so sorry:cry:

parsnipbun
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I am so very very sorry.

littleboots
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
So so sorry :(

steveg
07-01-2012, 07:36 PM
So very, very sad. Thinking of you.......

Romily
07-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Been thinking all day and I think the right decision is to start looking for a new husband for Monkey as soon as possible. In a way I feel guilty even thinking about a new rabbit but I know Monkey needs company and it took so long to find Oscar the perfect lady that if I leave it too long she could get very lonely.

He was such a sweetheart x

littleboots
07-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Been thinking all day and I think the right decision is to start looking for a new husband for Monkey as soon as possible. In a way I feel guilty even thinking about a new rabbit but I know Monkey needs company and it took so long to find Oscar the perfect lady that if I leave it too long she could get very lonely.

He was such a sweetheart x

Please dont feel guilty!!! Sometimes we have to put our own feelings and grief on one side and think about the grieving bunny...
It doesnt mean we think any less of our lost loved ones.... infact I feel its just the opposite!
Hugs xx

Romily
07-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh I can't stop crying. My husband wrapped Oscar in a towel as you recommended and placed him in the cage with Monkey. She started to nudge him and groom him and now she is laying beside him licking his face. It is heart breaking to see she just doesn't understand.

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 09:28 PM
She's understand more than you think. She is saying goodbye and whilst it's distressing for you, she needs to understand that he has gone and where he has gone. When she is ready for you to take him away, she will let you know.

I'm so sorry you're having to face this. If you think that it's best to get her a friend ASAP then don't feel guilty, be glad she had the love of Oscar and that she has the love of you. It's not replacing Oscar, it's just giving her a new friend, and when times are tough, we all need friends.

Jack's-Jane
07-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

Romily
07-01-2012, 09:52 PM
She's understand more than you think. She is saying goodbye and whilst it's distressing for you, she needs to understand that he has gone and where he has gone. When she is ready for you to take him away, she will let you know.

I'm so sorry you're having to face this. If you think that it's best to get her a friend ASAP then don't feel guilty, be glad she had the love of Oscar and that she has the love of you. It's not replacing Oscar, it's just giving her a new friend, and when times are tough, we all need friends.

I can't thank you enough for all your support and advice today, you have been wonderful. You were so right, she came and let us know in her own way that she was ready for him to go. Now she is flopped out and has stopped searching for him, it is a comfort to see her at peace instead of hunting for him.

Tonight I have sent a tentative email to the local rescues I know about (we are in Scotland) including the one we got Monkey from to start the search for the right boy for her.

ripminnie
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: xxx

BinkyBun
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm so sorry x

Charlie & Lola
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
so so sorry for your loss :(:cry:

Sky-O
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I can't thank you enough for all your support and advice today, you have been wonderful. You were so right, she came and let us know in her own way that she was ready for him to go. Now she is flopped out and has stopped searching for him, it is a comfort to see her at peace instead of hunting for him.

Tonight I have sent a tentative email to the local rescues I know about (we are in Scotland) including the one we got Monkey from to start the search for the right boy for her.

I'm so glad she has settled. that's due to her understanding where he has gone, and that he isn't coming back. When she was searching, from her point of view, he had just disappeared and she didn't know where he had gone. Now she can deal with it and move forwards from it. They process things faster than us and hopefully seeing her more peaceful and settled will help you guys too.

Please let us know the outcome of contacting the rescues :)

mini lop1
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
sorry to hear about oscar :cry:

scarlett
07-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, :(

one of the family
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear about Oscar

Thoughts are with you

Beau Belle
08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
So sorry xx

martlou
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
So sorry you lost your little boy :cry: Good luck with finding a new husbun for Monkey soon. There are always people that understand here.

basirascal
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
So sorry:cry: RIP Oscar