• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Twitching when asleep?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Just saw Graysons face and front paws twitching when he was asleep! It was more bizarre! Could it just of been a bunny dream??

My Herbie does this and I always wonder what he's dreaming about. He also makes funny little noises and snores too. :love:

I've never seen any of my rabbits sleep properly. Well.. until earlier, we went to check on Leo and he was dreaming :love: ears, nose and feet were twitching. I woke him up saying his name quietly lol, and he got up, stretched and yawned. It was so cute :D

ooo phew! im glad its normal! was worried it was the start of a stoke or fit or something!! he was out cold asleep for about 20mins aha!

I love watching ours dream :love::love: Especially funny when they twitch so much they make themselves jump awake, or when Jessie twitched and kicked Oscar (not hard mind!) :lol:

Haha yeah, thats pretty common. They do have REM sleep (which I like to call "Rabbit Eye Movement" :p ). What do they dream, man...I've asked myself that so many times, would definitely be interesting to know :)
Aside from the eye and mouth twitch, Mandy's bum jumps all over the place and it looks like a washer out of balance, so maybe she is running in her sleep :D

I heard BB pass wind last night!! That was funny!! Fast asleep...and ** Trump**....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haha yeah, thats pretty common. They do have REM sleep (which I like to call "Rabbit Eye Movement" :p ). What do they dream, man...I've asked myself that so many times, would definitely be interesting to know :)
Aside from the eye and mouth twitch, Mandy's bum jumps all over the place and it looks like a washer out of balance, so maybe she is running in her sleep :D

I was surprised that REM sleep was rare in my bun. I only saw it 2-3 times in 6 years.
Like you I wondered what they dreamed about, & whether their dreams were visual or mainly in another sense eg. scent & auditory.
Thumper obliged my question about what they dream about on 1 occasion. He woke with a start and immediately humped his toy rabbit which he was lying beside.:oops:

Sounds like dreaming to me also. I think that Julie is my only bunny that sleeps with her eyes closed. She must dream of eating as she always looks like she is chewing.

Back