• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was just thinking.....

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
What's going to happen when everyone in the world get their bunnies spayed and neutered?? That will make rabbits extinct :cry: :roll: I know rescuing is good but what happens when there are no more rabbits left, I know breeding them is'nt good and Im not going to do it but I don't think people should stop :? :(

I don't think this will ever happen, there will always be accidental litters, escapees breeding with with rabbits etc. But if it did then the only rabbits would be wild ones, this would be a lot more natural and people just wouldn't keep them as pets, they would eventually be seen as a wild animal and would be treated as such so no domesticated rabbits would exist in homes.

When dogs were being PTS by the lorry load on an almost daily basis, including lots of pups, rescues promoted neutering as much as they could. After a few years it started to have an impact on rescue and puppies were no longer being PTS in fact some rescues had no pups at all at some times, so people had to wait or travel to find one in rescue, which was great but there were always lots of pups and dogs available from breeders, back yard breeders and one off breeders just not as many. Sadly now things are getting worse again as people are breeding irresponsibly.

In my ideal world there would be only wild buns but I'd hate not having bunnies! And I'm glad not to have missed out on my past and present buns.

Easy to say though, as I'm pretty confident that there is very little chance EVER of there not being pet bunnies who need homes.............

They're spaying and neutering rabbits, not making all rabbits infertile from birth! :lol:

If someone needs to breed then they will just not neuter the rabbit!

But with 33000 rabbits going through rescue every year, with many being pts because they cant find a home, I dont think its going to get to that point any time soon.

Its 1am, dunno about you but I'm struggling to make coherent sentences :lol:

But no question is a dumb question.

:lol: oh....and...I even spelt Dumb wrong!!! :oops::oops:

My eyes are getting really tired.. need to take out my contacts as they have been in too long :roll:

I think it would be reeeeeally unlikely that domestic bunnies would go extinct!!

And even if it did I don't think it would be tht bad. Yea we wouldn't have pet bunnies (which id really miss :() but there also wouldn't be any abused & suffering bunnies in the world.

Back