• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transporting injectable medicine.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I have to transport some injectable antibiotics on a train. If it's been used a needle has gone through the seal, does it need to be transported upright?

It should be fine if they aren't upright, unless a large needle has been used, they are designed to reseal to keep them sterile. I have sometimes found if big needles from livestock have been used it can cause a hole to develop if used a lot.

My friend says if it's the type with the rubber top it'll seal itself so it doesn't need to be taken upright :thumb: But if I were you I'd try and make sure it was at least vaguely upright :)

I had it in my bag and it didn't stay upright and didn't spill, didn't think about it because if it had I would have to have thrown my bag away as am allergic to penecillin.. sometimes my brain doesn't work, but it was fine.
Glad you can make use of it :D

Back