• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Constant nudges: what might she want?

Vita

Mama Doe
Ada won't leave me alone this evening. I'm trying to cook and clean and internet, and every few minutes she's nudging my ankles with her nose.
Sometimes I stop and stroke her lots, but I'm probably feeding her too much in response to it.

She was back again for a stroke just after I wrote those two lines.

It's nice that she trusts me but it's hard to get much done like this. You won't approve but I'm currently wishing for a bunny equivalent of a hamster wheel or baby walker.

... here she is, back AGAIN already!

What else can I do for her, and also to occupy her separately without locking her up in the pen?

Nudging generally starts off with 'HELLO! I'M RIGHT HERE', and the next line might be 'please give me noms', 'please give me strokes', 'please move your ankle/hand/self', 'please entertain me' or anything really. She is obviously trying to get your attention for some reason. If you normally feed her, you may have accidently 'trained' her.

What about giving her a treat ball if she is due more food, or a toilet roll with pellets in the middle and hay in each end, something like that?

I'm quite envious actually. :oops:

ditto! :lol:

But before my girls were spayed and the boys arrived in the shed - Bailey wouldn't leave me alone because she could smell them.

Clambering over me, the laptop etc. It did get really annoying!

(No advice sorry!)

I'm quite envious actually. :oops:

Yes, I probably would be sad if she never wanted much to do with me.

During the day she has already had a little box (big enough for her to sit in) with bits of Christmas biscuit (the rainbow rabbits ones) hidden under hay.
And earlier I gave her some plantain, which she loves and usually gets at night.

She has gone back to the box just now and is munching some timothy hay.
I don't have a treat ball yet. Should probably get one. But I usually give her pellets and herbs last thing at night when she goes back into the pen, so she at least gets something nice for being in there as well as the hay. Maybe she could have a very few pellets during the day in a ball too.

Need more healthy treat things to hide in stuff. She seems to be easily bored and needs quite a lot of variety and things to do.

...She was back again just then and I sat down to let her sit in my lap and be stroked, then she got distracted by something else. ...And is back again!!

Last edited:
Ruby does this a lot to me. She wants attention, usually of the chasing her around kind and roughing her fur up, she likes rough play! she will occasionally nip my ankles too if i ignore her for too long!

'What do I want? I want EVERYTHING! LOVE ME, STROKE ME, FEED ME, PLAY WITH ME!' :thumb:

Ra is a nudger, and so were many of his litter mates. Its the first thing I remember about all of them.

Ra doesn't nudge for attention from me though as he's not particularly a snuggly bun - he has way too much attitute for that. And he doesn't seem to want food when he's nudged either. I've never really quite worked out why he does it, or indeed why several of his littermates were also nudgers from a very young age.....:?

I'd be delighted if it was for fuss though!

Jimby is a little nudger for attention and snuggles, Cookie nudges then nips like I am constantly in her way :lol:

Heather often nudges me, but alas it's not for attention, it simply means "get out of my way" and it's usually followed by a nip to my bum if I don't oblige quickly enough :lol::lol:

Yuki nudges then plops herself or her head on me for a fuss or nudges me and stays at my side and follows me until I fuss her lol

Yuri will nudge me for a fuss or nudge me to get me out the way and if i dont move she nips me and thumps

Back