• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 buns comin next week HELP

hawkylops

Warren Scout
Hi a friend at work asked today if i could take in some rabbits, mummy bun daddy bun and 3 babies. all living in same hutch. babies are 4 nearly 5month old. boys will be looking for forever homes/or rescue place as i dont have the amount of space needed for 5 adult buns, the girls i can keep bk for now as as most will know they can be pregnant from 3month. is there anywhere i could get help or funding for neutering in leeds? x

Perhaps blue cross, pdsa or rspca? I think they will only do it for low incomes though.

I imagine mum is pregnant as well.... you may be in for a lot of babies :(

i will give them all a try. im thinkin mum could be preg too :( something needed doin and no1 else was helping so i need to do it. i only work 13hrs a week, dont even come out with £300 a month to live on.
thankyou for ur help x

Perhaps blue cross, pdsa or rspca? I think they will only do it for low incomes though.

I imagine mum is pregnant as well.... you may be in for a lot of babies :(

i will give them all a try. im thinkin mum could be preg too :( something needed doin and no1 else was helping so i need to do it. i only work 13hrs a week, dont even come out with £300 a month to live on.
thankyou for ur help x

Well done for intervening. It sounds like the situation will get worse but could be far worse if you'd not stepped in. Do you know of any local rescues who may be able to help? They may have some spare hutches or something for you to be able to separate mum and male babies and dad from female babies. Also, the sooner that rescues know that you may be in need of help the better as it will enable them to plan.

Good luck.

Do you have enough accomodation for them all? The boys may need separating and of course the sexes need separating. Plus then if the girls are pregnant they need to be separated, and then when the litters grow up the boys need to be separated out.... Are you sure you have the space, it can get out of hand quickly. Could you bring any inside (but theyd have to stay inside till April).

If space is an issue it may be worth just taking the girls for now, to stop that person having any more accidental litters.

£300 isnt going to go far with neutering, you are right to get help with it, an average neuter would be £50-90, then you need metacam on top of that...

I'd also find a supplier asap for baled hay if you dont have any already, as you are going to go through a lot with so many hutches.

You may be able to get the baby girls an emergency spay if they are not too far gone, but you would have to act fast and get a vet to check them to see how far along they are.

Do you have enough accomodation for them all? The boys may need separating and of course the sexes need separating. Plus then if the girls are pregnant they need to be separated, and then when the litters grow up the boys need to be separated out.... Are you sure you have the space, it can get out of hand quickly. Could you bring any inside (but theyd have to stay inside till April).

If space is an issue it may be worth just taking the girls for now, to stop that person having any more accidental litters.

£300 isnt going to go far with neutering, you are right to get help with it, an average neuter would be £50-90, then you need metacam on top of that...

I'd also find a supplier asap for baled hay if you dont have any already, as you are going to go through a lot with so many hutches.

You may be able to get the baby girls an emergency spay if they are not too far gone, but you would have to act fast and get a vet to check them to see how far along they are.

i dont really have the space tbh have a few 5ft hutches and a 7ft hutch, have 2 dog cages and a indoor cage if needs be i can have some indoors. but do need to find rescue places asap or new homes but if they go to new homes they need neutering 1st. guna see if i can get funding asap for the girls. guna get them all checked at vets asap. my doe cost just under £100 when she got neutered but worth every penny. already have a good hay supplier so thats good will manage food bills etc at a struggle

i dont really have the space tbh have a few 5ft hutches and a 7ft hutch, have 2 dog cages and a indoor cage if needs be i can have some indoors. but do need to find rescue places asap or new homes but if they go to new homes they need neutering 1st. guna see if i can get funding asap for the girls. guna get them all checked at vets asap. my doe cost just under £100 when she got neutered but worth every penny. already have a good hay supplier so thats good will manage food bills etc at a struggle

thats good... be aware that some may have dental issues so you need to be prepared for those costs too.... can you get the owner to get their teeth checked first?

I have done something similar in the past, and it was a huge financial struggle. What I did was contact a rescue and make sure they could take them before I took them on, you could try something similar?

thats good... be aware that some may have dental issues so you need to be prepared for those costs too.... can you get the owner to get their teeth checked first?

I have done something similar in the past, and it was a huge financial struggle. What I did was contact a rescue and make sure they could take them before I took them on, you could try something similar?

i need to get them here asap iv been told there in a 3 poss 4ft hutch(all 5 of them) im guna msg around some rescues etc now and see if i can get a couple to rescues so i dont have the added stress if i can get the young ones over to new homes or 2 or 3 of them i could possibly keep 1 or 2 myself and bond them my 2 have a 8 x 6 shed and 6 x 4 run and then gettin another run in summer time to extend there run. also they free range sometimes. iv had dental buns before know how expensive they are to treat and know the signs of them so fingers crossed for them x

thankyou i need all the luck i can get im scared lol. just hope i can get some help with them x

Would it be viable to say to the owner that you will take the girls for a month, as you dont have much space, then will take the boys if they dont have babies? Gives you a little more breathing-room.

I wonder why the mother hasnt given birth again yet...

Would it be viable to say to the owner that you will take the girls for a month, as you dont have much space, then will take the boys if they dont have babies? Gives you a little more breathing-room.

I wonder why the mother hasnt given birth again yet...

she doesnt know how to sex them and its more the size of the hutch thats gettin to me. been told its about 3ft long which i wouldnt even house a guinea in!! i will manage with the space not much choice if im honest its better than a tiny hutch for them its more the neutering costs or if i can get them to rescues as cnt afford that on my wage alone and dont want to rehome to other people un neutered as theyl end up in same perdiciment x

Let us know how this unfolds.

I hope you get some help, I wish I was closer.

Well done for putting yourself out to help these buns.:)

i will defo be updating when they get here and will post pics of them and hope i dont get too attached to them lol. everyone keep ur fingers crossed i dont end up with lots of pregnant bunnies.
thankyou for all ur help and good words everyone. really appriecate it xx

Good luck with them :) I hope you can find a rescue to take some in! :) well done for helping them, it's a really kind thing to do considering the amount of work you could have to do for them! :love:

Good luck with them :) I hope you can find a rescue to take some in! :) well done for helping them, it's a really kind thing to do considering the amount of work you could have to do for them! :love:

i will defo find it hard but after having my girl neutered and bonded to a neutered boy it proved how amazing it is and i want other buns to experiance the happyness and love of another bun and to find a loving family, hopeing to keep the mum and dad as a pair and the 3 babies as a trio(if all wrks out possible)
my love for bunnies is too much to walk away from somebun who needs me :love:

there coming next week now! so a little more time to prepare etc! then when these have gone to new homes, foster homes etc. im taking on a very special little lady called summer. who is sadly very scared of other buns as she was attacked and left blind in 1 eye. so guna have her to vets 4 check up and see what chances are of bonding her. and then gt her spayed

Back