• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could you think of us

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Please could you think of Valerie, Steve and I tomorrow morning. I think it is her time :cry: But I am panicking that I am so exhausted and ill that I am not in the right mind to make such an enormous decision.

I don't know if its real or imagined but to me her eyes are saying please fix me, but there is nothing I can do :( I was blubbing just ringing the vet to make the appointment :oops: I know the vet will do what ever we wish for her as we have discussed it numerous times over the past couple of months.

I really don't feel I can deal with this right now but Valerie's needs have to come first. I am just praying I know what those needs actually are :(

I'm so sorry Liz. I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow. I'm sure you will make the right decision.

She still wants to eat so much but today it was falling from her mouth, I was hand feeding individual pieces of grated carrot. She has also started doing tiny sneezes. But she has just managed to eat a whole bowl of soaked pellets :? I have spent so much time helping her eat over the past few months its hard to take a step back and make an objective decision :(

I'm so sorry :(

Try and get some sleep tonight, you must be exhausted. I know you will do the right thing for Valerie, and Steve will be there to help you make any decisions.

Sending hugs xx

Liz, I am sure that even when you are exhausted you know Valerie so well and have nursed so many ill bunnies that your instincts will guide you to the right decision. I hope you can find the strength to get through the next weeks.

I am so sorry that you have to make such a difficult decision, it's just so hard and I really feel your pain and sadness. I am in tears just reading your post so for you to be actually living it must be heartbreaking. It sounds like you have done so much to help her and it must be so sad to see her wanting to eat and to battle on, what a dear little soul. Poor Valerie, i've just read her story on your website and she has been through so much, such a brave little bunny and it's sounds like she has enjoyed her time with you very much. Is it her tooth roots which are causing the problems or are there other problems too? My thoughts are with you and my heart goes out to Valerie.xx

Its just her roots. She had a GA several weeks ago to completely check her molars but they were all perfect. The vet offered to pts there and then but we said no and they burred her teeth back to gum level to give her a little more time. Which it has :)

Back