• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Neleh

Alpha Buck
Hi all!:thumb::wave:
I am new around here! My name is Helen/Neleh and I joined as I've been finding lots of information here really useful! I currently have 2 buns 1 neutered male, Malteser, who is just about 1year old now. He is fighting a good fight with EC at the moment. He has recently been showing signs of stress and the vet and I associate this with him trying, but still not quite succeeding in walking, it could also be that he is so used to running around and I have been keeping him in a fish tank - an odd choice but I can pad the sides so he can sit comfy and it is easier to place him in there than into a pet carrier at the mo! Today I decided to pop him on an old blanket on the floor and I have made a soft crash barrier around the edges, he seems happy and is munching his much beloved barn dried grass (chosen for its protein content to build his tone back)
My other bunny Snowdrop has just become very obviously male, he was born in August. I plan on getting him 'done' soon. I got these buns from a friend who has too many buns via an overspill of a place that gets buns dumped on them regularly - usually pregnant females! So now I'm in a pickle! Two lovely buns - both tray trained and full of fun but I'm not sure I can keep them together again as they are both boys? There was a little tension on Maltesers part as Snowdrop was reaching maturity, he likes to be top bun and has lived alone in the past. I also had to keep them apart due to the EC so I'm scared the bond will be gone. One of the main reasons I split them was the first vet said Malteser had an infected bite on his penis but after looking at bun anatomy I realised that it was his gland and one side was blocked :roll:- I cleaned it out and all ok! I avoid that vat in our practice now :shock: The other vets we have seen have been much better and they are very pleased with his recovery so far!

I've loved reading about some of your buns! Hope to share an EC success story with you in full =)

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Hope Malteser recovers soon and bonds easily with Snowdrop once he's had the snip! xx

Hi and welcome!!

I have had 2 male rabbits who lived happily together - it's not as uncommon as people seem to think. As long as they're neutered!

I hope Malteser makes a good recovery!

oh that would be great I do love them both so much!! I'd have to get one re-homed if they can't live together as I only have the space for one bunny set up. You give me much hope, thanks SamanthaJane =)

Welcome to the Forum. There are quite a few boy couples on The Forum, so hope it works out for your lads too. :wave:

Welcome to RU. I hope Malteaser gets better soon. It is possible to bond two neutered boys together, I have two but I didnt do the bonding. I think boy-boy bondings can be tricky but that doesnt mean it won't work. My two are very loved up and depend on each other.

aw they have been bonded pre-illness. Snowdrop will have his op done this week if they have space for him. We let them say hell yesterday - how cute is the happy grunting noise they make?? Snowdrop was very happy and we initially sat outside with Malteser as we didn't know if any aggression would take place. Snowdrop was just so happy and trying to say hello so we sat in and he climbed all over me to see his pal. unfortunately we had to take Malteser out as Snowdrop got too much with his hormones:shock:so they will meet again post op as its not fair on either of them to repeat what happened yesterday. Snowdrop was much happier for the rest of the day binkying and enjoying himself. Malteser seemed to want to say hello too but he is still unsteady on his feet.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've already recieved a huge ammount of help and support in regards to Malteser, this place is great. Hopefully I will be able to help others and repay the kindness:D

Back