• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 Weeks Free Pet Plan Insurance ...

whitehood

Warren Veteran
If a condition develops between this time will it be covered for future when you start paying.?

i would think so yes as you requested to be insured, as long as the condition didn;t develop or been treated for before the 4 weeks free insurance and proof from your vets :wave:

i would think so yes as you requested to be insured, as long as the condition didn;t develop or been treated for before the 4 weeks free insurance and proof from your vets :wave:

Does it send you a reminder at the end that your free 4 weeks insurance is running out do you want to purchase cover for life automatically after this runs out ? Or something like that ?

in answer to first question: Yes

In answer to second question: they should do - but personally I would pro-actively contact them!!

Does it send you a reminder at the end that your free 4 weeks insurance is running out do you want to purchase cover for life automatically after this runs out ? Or something like that ?

Mine didnt work that way. We got the 4 weeks free, but it just starts from the start date, you just dont pay for the first month - its not a seperate policy, just giving you a 1 month discount :wave:

Mine didnt work that way. We got the 4 weeks free, but it just starts from the start date, you just dont pay for the first month - its not a seperate policy, just giving you a 1 month discount :wave:

So it's covered for life anyway :p
Oh thanks I'm might do that then :)

yes we got a letter through the post 2 weeks into the 4 weeks free insurance about sox, to contact them to continue insurance, you phone give them all details, tehy talk you through the covers etc, and you give them details of how you wish to pay whether monthly or yearly amount, and give payment details etc

I think there is a 2 week period in which any condition developed is considered a prexisting condition?

Be aware you most likely wont be covered for snuffles Whitehood :wave:

I think there is a 2 week period in which any condition developed is considered a prexisting condition?

Yep the insurance begins after 14 days after you've purchased it.

Aware of the second sentence :)

Yes, there is the 14 day exclusion period. Any pre-existing conditions MUST be informed to them PRIOR to the start of cover, and any conditions that arise during the 14 day exclusion period will also be excluded from cover.

This is why Ginger's entire respiratory system isn't covered :roll: Day 13, i mean c'mon! </whine>

Yes, there is the 14 day exclusion period. Any pre-existing conditions MUST be informed to them PRIOR to the start of cover, and any conditions that arise during the 14 day exclusion period will also be excluded from cover.

This is why Ginger's entire respiratory system isn't covered :roll: Day 13, i mean c'mon! </whine>

I havent made a claim yet, I really need to, but I'm hoping I wont be in the same boat. I think I took B to the vet for runny eyes just a few days after the 2 week exclusion.

I still kick myself for not sorting out insurance the day I got Hopscotch! :roll:

I still kick myself for not sorting out insurance the day I got Hopscotch! :roll:

Me too :(

The consultations, meds, x ray scans, c&s tests are going t cost loads. The bold bits might not be needed :?

Do the price of consultations get less if they're for the same condition your vet was dealing with previously ?

Me too :(

The consultations, meds, x ray scans, c&s tests are going t cost loads. The bold bits might not be needed :?

Do the price of consultations get less if they're for the same condition your vet was dealing with previously ?

mine do, B now has 'long term consultation' or something similar, it is £7.20, I think its only about a pound less, but every little helps!

Back