• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It' s here !

Shouldn't you be at school? :lol::lol:

From memory, the instructions (if any) are terrible, it took me ages to work out how to put it all together, think I had the front on upside down and back to front a few times before I finally worked it out!

Depending on where you're going to put it, I'd advise putting the hutch/run differently to how the instructions suggest (unless they've changed the instructions). I would either turn the hutch part round so that the back of the hutch, rather than the front, is over the run...that way you can access the hutch for cleaning/feeding etc without needing to lean over the run. Or, I would advise turning the lid part of the run round, so that it opens away from the hutch. Otherwise you always have to lean right over the run to get to the hutch, because the lid folds up onto the front of the hutch so you then can't open the doors!

Good luck with it :D

I don't remember...I thought they did, at least on the side the screw goes right through. I seem to recall that one of the confusing parts was that the holes for where the screws attach the front to the sides are hidden behind the doors, so if you open up the door and look to the side where the hinges are, you might find there are pre-drilled holes there. They might have changed the design completely since I last built one, though - but I doubt it!

Depending on where you're going to put it, I'd advise putting the hutch/run differently to how the instructions suggest (unless they've changed the instructions). I would either turn the hutch part round so that the back of the hutch, rather than the front, is over the run...that way you can access the hutch for cleaning/feeding etc without needing to lean over the run.

I definitely agree with this!

I would put the hutch on the other side however it's going to be facing the fence then:p
And I'd have to get in the small flower bed to clean it out :lol:

ETa read the instructions and got them :D
I found the holes in the doors.
The mesh is not very good. I'll have to add my own mesh as well.

Last edited:
I would put the hutch on the other side however it's going to be facing the fence then:p
And I'd have to get in the small flower bed to clean it out :lol:

I think Santa meant so that the hutch looks like this:
DSCF6576700x525.jpg

instead of having the run sticking out at the front. ;):)

Good luck with putting it together! :D

I'll probably put it together today evening or tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks KarenM, wouldn't rain water fall into the back side of the run?
I see you've got tarp for it but it would look messy lol. :oops: I'm weird.

I don't really mind leaning over 4 foot of the run.

Last edited:

I don't really mind leaning over 3 foot of the run.

You could always plywood over the top part of the run that shows, and felt it perhaps, at a slight tilt, so the rain water runs off it? Wouldnt be too expensive i wouldnt have thought, i know obviously money can be an issue, just throwing ideas in there - wouldnt look messy then :)

You could always plywood over the top part of the run that shows, and felt it perhaps, at a slight tilt, so the rain water runs off it? Wouldnt be too expensive i wouldnt have thought, i know obviously money can be an issue, just throwing ideas in there - wouldnt look messy then :)

Thanks that's a great idea how ever when I attach a run around tube to the new and old run. The new run's hutch will look too messy as it's sticking out.
I have this fixed image in my head about how it's all meant to look like :roll::shock::oops:

Pics:

IMG-20120106-02319.jpg

Set up quickly without screws

run
IMG-20120106-02317.jpg

Hutch - was so heavy I had to take it apart then carry it one by one :cry:
IMG-20120106-02318.jpg

Lucky :roll::love:

IMG-20120106-02321.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks that's a great idea how ever when I attach a run around tube to the new and old run. The new run's hutch will look too messy as it's sticking out.
I have this fixed image in my head about how it's all meant to look like :roll::shock::oops:

Okay, so if you want the hutch at the back, do that, then it'll look like your tradditional hutch/run combo - then do the plywood idea with the felt, doesnt need to be a massive angle, and can't be, or you wouldn't be able to open the doors. Then you can attach the runaround tube, say to the back left hand side, and have the old run then attached via that. That way, the tube is *mainly* out of the way out of view, and they have full access. I could draw a small basic picture if it helps to envisage what im saying?

I don't really mind leaning over 4 foot of the run.

There's nothing wrong with doing things how you want. ;):D It was just to show you the other alternative way of attaching the hutch to the run, really. :thumb:

The tarp was a cheap solution to stop rain water going into the open part of the run; even with it set up the other way round, you would still need some form of protection from the rain though. Quite a few people use the clear corrugated roofing panels - if you raise it slightly at one end to create a slope the water will run off away from the hutch.

hope you feel better soon, and i can;t wait to see pics of it all set up, lucky looks chuffed on the chair :lol: :love:

If you're ill, take it easy! Don't go overdoing things and making yourself worse!

Lucky looks happy! Is he there to supervise?! :lol:

Is that the Sykes Happy Hutch combo? It looks good quality!

Back