• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help

md321

Warren Scout
I got Poppy from the SSPCA yesterday at about 3 o'clock. This morning when i woke up, i was really worried because she hasn't done ANY poos or pees since we got her. Is there anything i can do??

Does she look bloated or her stomach hard ?

If yes it's a serious problem that could be fatal. I'm suspecting GI stasis.

This could've been started from stress of environments.

I would encourage her with her favourite food. Add a bit of juice in her water bottle / bowl. I would offer a bowl if she has a bottle it'll be easier for her to drink out of it.

Is hay available 24 7 ?

Sending vibes for your rabbit :wave:

Where is she living, does she have somewhere to hide, or is she open to the world? Is she indoors, or outdoors? Where was she at the rescue, in comparison to at your house, indoors/outdoors?

Has she eaten anything since she's been at home with you? Has she done ANY poos since you picked her up at 3pm? If the answer to these two questions is 'NO' this should be treated as an emergency, and as such, you should get to a rabbit savvy vet as soon as possible.

There are many possibilities, but one that springs to mind is stress induced GI stasis, where she's become so stressed with the travel/change of environment, that she's gone into stasis, which is incredibly painful and wont eat/poop as her gut has drastically slowed/stopped.

Let us know, buckets of vibes for your bunny !

Has she eaten or drunk anything? It is most likely the stress of a new home has upset her and she needs to see a vet to get help with getting her system going again. Rabbits can go downhill very quickly so you need to get help as soon as possible.

She's eating hey and carrots etc. She's very lively and she's drinking aswell.... i just dont know whats wrong :/

It can take a bunny a while to settle. When I brought Spenser home (similar timescale) he was very frightened and didn't eat/poo at all during the rest of the day, but he did nibble and produce a little pile of poos overnight.

Sending vibes for her. xx

It can take a bunny a while to settle. When I brought Spenser home (similar timescale) he was very frightened and didn't eat/poo at all during the rest of the day, but he did nibble and produce a little pile of poos overnight.

Sending vibes for her. xx

I was thinking this too. I would possibly put a sheet over crate & basically leave bun alone for a bit as is eating hay & acting normal. If bun goes hunched up or quiet, then vets as could be blockage or something, but if bun is actively moving around & eating then unlikely to be in pain

Thanks everyone :) Im sure it's just because she's a bit scared and it's a new invironment for her.

It's okay :) I found some poos in the corner of her hutch under the hay. The news paper is also wet so that means she has peed aswell :)

That's good news.

I had just read the first post and was going suggest a thorough search as the poops tend to drop through to the bottom of the bedding.

Good luck with your new bun.

I'm glad it's sorted :) Something I have also found with some anxious bunnies is that they will eat their own faeces, (not just caecotrophs) which may also be relevant in some cases (although not in this one because clearly she has pooed).

Back