• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma about my buns while overseas. OH maybe away alot if his father has cancer.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Sadly OH's dad most likely has prostate cancer. He is having a test next week on his bones. (thought it was last week).

If he has and the cancer has spread, OH will be spending alot of time in Hereford. It would be bad news, very bad.:cry:

OH has a friend who will come and visit once a day and feed the buns and the chins. However, I am not happy with a once a day feed, I feed them several times a day. You cannot know, as a non bunny owner if they are eating all day, until it is too late.

Oh god, should I arrange to board them. :cry:

Oh no :( I think you should have a look definitely and see if anywhere is available if no one can look after them for you. Once a day really isn't enough is it sadly :(

Oh no :( I think you should have a look definitely and see if anywhere is available if no one can look after them for you. Once a day really isn't enough is it sadly :(

Its not, is it. Only found out this week. His dad didn't want to make a fuss.

Someone coming in for 10 minutes a day, for a day, several days or a week is not good. Especially as Cutie-pie recently had statis.

Do you want my phone number? They could always come here if need be, you could leave it for your OH and if he needs to be away he could drop them off? I'm not too far away.

Could you get a bun/house sitter & give them a thorough training before you leave?

Do you want my phone number? They could always come here if need be, you could leave it for your OH and if he needs to be away he could drop them off? I'm not too far away.

That is so so kind. :love:

However, the travel would not be good for Cutie-pie. She gets extremely stressed out simply going to the vets 15 minutes away and she is getting worse as she gets older.

KB, I will ask OH to see if his friend who babysat our animals 2 years ago wouldn't mind. He is a single man with no committments.

OH will think I am fussing over nothing. With the chins, a feed once a day is fine, as they space out their eating anyway. The buns would eat it in one go and they would never be let out. :(

We won't know about OH's dad until I am in Oz. If it is prostate cancer and not spread, he will still need radiotherapy and at 90, not good. He only recovered from throat cancer 2 years ago.

KittyKat I am in Middlesex, not far from Hampton Court.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry:

If travel stresses them, then maybe having a pet sitter visit a couple of times a day would be best? I hope you can find a solution xx

That is so so kind. :love:

However, the travel would not be good for Cutie-pie. She gets extremely stressed out simply going to the vets 15 minutes away and she is getting worse as she gets older.

KB, I will ask OH to see if his friend who babysat our animals 2 years ago wouldn't mind. He is a single man with no committments.

OH will think I am fussing over nothing. With the chins, a feed once a day is fine, as they space out their eating anyway. The buns would eat it in one go and they would never be let out. :(

We won't know about OH's dad until I am in Oz. If it is prostate cancer and not spread, he will still need radiotherapy and at 90, not good. He only recovered from throat cancer 2 years ago.

KittyKat I am in Middlesex, not far from Hampton Court.

Having someone 'live in' that can come an short notice sounds like a good plan.

I hope your OH's dad gets back good news from the tests and it hasnt spread.

Oh BYB, you've been having such a lot to deal with recently, I hope you're okay and looking after yourself.

Having someone 'live in' that can come an short notice sounds like a good plan.

I hope your OH's dad gets back good news from the tests and it hasnt spread.

Oh BYB, you've been having such a lot to deal with recently, I hope you're okay and looking after yourself.

Thanks.

Sadly its what happens when family get older. I wouldn't be going to Oz if Gran wasn't 102, although now mum is going it really defeated the purpose of me providing all her care for a few months. as mum will be staying at my aunts as well, even though she has a flat to live in Sydney. She won't as she keeps saying she is depressed. Although not depressed when with people.

Mum will be under my feet constantly and with Gran, I am very very cross about this.

Back