• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of routine upsetting rabbits?

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Jack has been a bit strange over rhe last few days. He is obsessed with food, goes mad when its food time, follows u round looking for food etc. over h last few days he has not been interested. He ignores his food in the morning which is very unlike him as its usually finished in minutes. He is eating, drinking and pooping. He is hopping aroun as normal and is flopping out. Its just his lack of enthusiasm in food which is concerning.

Hubby and i have both been off work so jack has been fed a bit later than usual. Do you think this could be part of he problem?

Sounds a bit like what Arthur is doing at the moment except that he's done the opposite and is being really naughty instead of ignoring things! Between me and my OH we've had the last month at home all day every day for the past month so Arthur has been spoilt and was completely out of routine. I wouldn't be suprised if this is why he's misbehaving and Jack is acting a bit strange. I know I've felt out of sorts getting into routine after the Christmas break, I just don't react by trashing the place like Arthur has done! Hope Jack gets back to normal soon :) x

If you have been around more, have you been feeding him more than usual? Like more treats etc throughout the day? if so then perhaps he is just not as hungry. Are there certain foods he's avoiding? could it be his teeth? Might be worth a check up at the vet.

Back