• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Feeders

MarchHare

New Kit
Can any one tell me of a UK supplier for the Galvanised 7" pellet feeders? Im fed up of searching on the on the web as I always end up on a USA site that want 7-10 dollars each and 12-20 dollars each for shipping. I am in Ireland and shipping from UK is usually not too bad but could send to a UK address if the supplier wont ship to Ireland. Alternatively if any one could recommend a feeder I would be much obliged..many thanks

mmm - depending on your situation I find checking and feeding by hand rather the best way .. .

I do this, or scatter feed, although i use a cat bowl for Barney as he has meds put on his pellets.

Because rabbits are only meant to have around an eggcup of pellets a day anyway, you dont need anything big to put them in, and they're usually gone in 5 minutes.

Sorry I just assumed a few people would be using this type of feeder.
I continued to search and did find this wholesaler below.
My rabbite do and will get checked 3 or 4 times a day regardless of feeder, just I live remotely and have planned a holiday this year for 2 weeks and think I stand a better chance of someone calling every couple of days as opposed to everyday.

http://www.bramley.co.uk/Farming/Rabbitproducts/Rabbit_feeder_-4939

They quoted me a £13 to ship qty 5 to Ireland @ £7.50 each Dimensions: 25cm x 12cm x 19cm capacity 2.5kg.

Last edited:
every couple of days is not sufficient for rabbits . . they succumb so rapidly if they are ill.

Can you not board them or get a sitter? We get a sitter - and now there are increasing numbers of sitters who will do remote places or small holdings.

I think the reason no-one uses this kind of feeder n here is that no-one leaves their rabbit unattended for 24 hours ever.

With that the rabbit would probably just gobble up all of the food on the first day and have none left on the other days. Of course they would have unlimited hay to eat, but they'd probably get tummy problems from having so many on the first day.

It would be best if you can get someone to check at least twice a day, as if a rabbit stops eating after they have gone, then it would be a full 24-48 hours till the person knows they arent, in which time the bun would be in full-blown stasis and very ill, dehydrated and difficult to save.

A local rescue may do boarding if you are worried about the small accommodation sizes of most boarding places. Or you could ask a friend to come and stay?

Back