• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Waste

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Just wondering what you guys do with your rabbit waste?

My dad moans that it wont all fit in the normal bin (especially now your not allowed cardboard in the green bin) so I have to dispose of it down the tip, which is slightly out of the way.

What do you all do, especially those with a fair few buns? :wave:

I only have 2 buns so it goes in the bin :wave: Although I have to take it out either when it's dark or during the day as mum doesn't want the neighbours seeing it :lol:

I put mine on the garden. I have a very clay soil so it helps to break it up. I know this isn't practical for everybody though

Mine is made up of megazorb, hay, wee, poo and the odd bit of cardboard or veggies from stuff I've swept up. I rang the council and I'm allowed to put it in the garden bin as long as I don't put too much megazorb in. I also give it to a neighbour who has compost heaps for his allotment, and he also digs it into the soil. Might be worth putting a notice out on freecycle saying what you've got and if anyone wants it?

All my piggie and rabbit waste goes in my two green bins, they are ofeten full the day after they have been emptied:lol:

If you cant chuck it on your garden, find a neighbour who grows their own veggies, I'm sure they would take it off you, possibly collect it! If not try any local allotments nearby.Mine is rotting away waiting for this years spuds!

I am fortunate that the council accepts it in the compost wheely bins and gave me an extra one for free!

Mine has to go to the local 'tip' aka recycling centre and goes in 'Green Garden Waste' :wave:

I tried to get rid of mine on Freecycle, but shockingly, nobody wanted it!

I put some in the compost bin, but most goes in the green garden waste bin for collection. I got a second one for free from the council too :wave:

Mine goes into the brown garden waste bin, which we have to pay £32 for March-November. Anything extra goes in the household bin, and the neighbours let me use up their space in their bins too.

No green bins here, but only one bunny so between the compost and the bin we are OK. Spenser doesn't poo nearly as much now his greens have been reduced. He used to be capable of 50 poos at a sitting! :shock:

mine goes in brown composting bin. It's full in a week but only gets emptied every fortnight. Contacted them to ask about a second bin, and they're giving me it for free. Although we're supposed to be getting 4 wheelie bins - brown/green/pink/blue :shock: I'll have 5 altogether!!!

I do have a friend who sometimes requests rabbit poo for her composter machine so that can take care of some of it..................

We're not allowed to put ours in the garden bin. So during the warmer months it goes in my compost bin or even straight onto the garden and during Dec Jan Feb in the normal bin. Only one bun though so not a huge amount:)

Back