• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your views...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
As most of you know I suffer from debilitating OCD which has got extremely bad and revolves around my fear of VHD.
I have been doing lots of thinking and have came to the conclusion that I think I have got worse since the buns moved upstairs to their own room, you see them being up there, they are 'contained' and I am able to contain them by making sure I am steralised before I go in there and making sure that everything is clean.
I am thinking that maybe if we bring them back down in to our room, I may start feeling better because I will not be able to contain them so will have no choice but to challenge things?

The only other concern is obviously Jack, he is still too young to go in his own room and I wouldnt feel comfortable him being up there at the moment so would it be safe for him to be sleeping in the same room as the buns?

I would say that if you are feeling that moving them would help you, even a little, then go for it. Jack will be fine sleeping in the same room as the buns.

Jack would be fine.

If you had a cat, a cat would go into your room anyway. Loads of people have lots of indoors animals and babies.

Good luck. xxx

My Mum said that I should talk to the GP first to make sure it is safe for Jack because he may develop asthma?

I wouldnt of thought he'd develop asthma, you'll be keeping up with the hoovering Im sure :) the only thing I'd be worried about is them being noisy and disturbing his sleep :wave:

I have called the gp practice and the receptionist is going to ask the doctor but her views are that if he was going to get an allergy he would have already had it from being ib the same house and having contact with them.

I have called the gp practice and the receptionist is going to ask the doctor but her views are that if he was going to get an allergy he would have already had it from being ib the same house and having contact with them.

this is what I'd say.

Definitely :) Plus allergies are such a complex thing, a lot of it is down to whether the baby is predisposed to it or not! If he was predisposed to it I'm sure he'd have it by now

There is scientific evidence that having pets can reduce the chance of children getting allergies because it exposes their immune systems to a wider range of things. Wrapping them up in a sterile bubble is worse. I wouldn't worry unless your littlun has an existing allergy or asthma.

The doctor has said that he cant see it being a problem. But we have decided That we are going to wait a month then Jack will be 6 months and ok to go in his own room, then we are going to bring the buns downstairs, we are going to build them a pen so they still have free range and supervised time out.

I think it's fantastic that you're addressing the issue. It's very brave and I hope you manage to overcome it.

The doctor has said that he cant see it being a problem. But we have decided That we are going to wait a month then Jack will be 6 months and ok to go in his own room, then we are going to bring the buns downstairs, we are going to build them a pen so they still have free range and supervised time out.

That sounds really sensible. Does it feel positive to have a plan in place that might help? :)

Back