• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is 44ft really enough?

You mean 44 sq ft, the minimum space thing?

Thats for an 'average' sized bun, so more aimed at Dwarf Lops/Nethies/Dutchies i'd expect, obviously, larger breeds should have more space :) River's a frenchie isnt she?

You mean 44 sq ft, the minimum space thing?

Thats for an 'average' sized bun, so more aimed at Dwarf Lops/Nethies/Dutchies i'd expect, obviously, larger breeds should have more space :) River's a frenchie isnt she?

She is indeedy. Her playhouse is (internally) 25 sq ft and the run is 50 sq ft but I kind of wish I'd got (and could have afforded) a 10x10ft one, as opposed to the 5x10ft. :oops:

I have some awesome (I think) plans but alas, money is an issue. Might have to build it up month by month. :lol:

I'm so impressed at how warm her playhouse is inside it. (...and I was worried about insulation for winter.)

She is indeedy. Her playhouse is (internally) 25 sq ft and the run is 50 sq ft but I kind of wish I'd got (and could have afforded) a 10x10ft one, as opposed to the 5x10ft. :oops:

I have some awesome (I think) plans but alas, money is an issue. Might have to build it up month by month. :lol:

I'm so impressed at how warm her playhouse is inside it. (...and I was worried about insulation for winter.)

I guess we all do our very best to give our buns the most space we can, sometimes, we want to give more, but just can't. 75sq ft of space for River on her own is awesome :love:

I guess we all do our very best to give our buns the most space we can, sometimes, we want to give more, but just can't. 75sq ft of space for River on her own is awesome :love:

:thumb:

My lops have about 80 sq ft and my lionheads 50. I wish I could give the lionheads more space permanently.

As soon as the playhouse is connected to the run (tricky as they're in different parts of the garden and she's so huge) she'll get a friend.

I'd love to just net off the whole garden! She loves free range time! :love:

As soon as the playhouse is connected to the run (tricky as they're in different parts of the garden and she's so huge) she'll get a friend.

I'd love to just net off the whole garden! She loves free range time! :love:

B&G are free-range during the day in my 10ft x 10ft office - about a 2ft x 2ft square is cut off in each corner of the room, and some dvd cases, my desk (which they can go under) so they probably have ~80-90 sq ft between 6:30am and 11pm. I can't trust them during the night as my work stuff is in here (it's my office), so they are in a dog crate (48") with a 2nd level and a 4ft x 4ft pen between 11pm and 6:30am. It's not great, but it does give them more space than they had previously, where i had to lock them in the crate at night.

Does that make you feel a little better? :)

B&G are free-range during the day in my 10ft x 10ft office - about a 2ft x 2ft square is cut off in each corner of the room, and some dvd cases, my desk (which they can go under) so they probably have ~80-90 sq ft between 6:30am and 11pm. I can't trust them during the night as my work stuff is in here (it's my office), so they are in a dog crate (48") with a 2nd level and a 4ft x 4ft pen between 11pm and 6:30am. It's not great, but it does give them more space than they had previously, where i had to lock them in the crate at night.

Does that make you feel a little better? :)

That sounds fantastic! When mine were inside they'd have less space at night, which was more than made up for in the day.

I want her to be an indoor bun but she'd never play ball! She hates it inside. (Although I have turned around after leaving the door open to find Howard outside and her in Howard's bed! :lol:) The minute I shut the back door she's scrabbling to get out! :(

Back