• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poos everywhere!

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hello,
Ever since I've had Theodore he's been a big pooper. I would think its a good thing, and I'm pretty sure it is, but whenever I let him run about the house he's like a shotgun! It's a bit of a pain having to pick up or sweep each and every tiny dropping of his.
The more annoying bit is he knows how to wee in specifically his litter tray, but chooses to poo all over his cage and wherever he runs around. Every step he takes, he relieves himself!

Any suggestions or advice to stop Theo from being so messy?
Thanks

As Elena says, and also, do you have any other rabbits/other animals in the areas you let him run around in?

My Grayon, without fail every morning, when he is allowed out to free range, he goes around the edges of the rooms and truffles them! and he is a done boy!

my rabbit Jack does the same but not as much as your bun, I bought some puppy training pads whenever he wee's or poos put it on the pad an he will recognise the smell and learn that, that is where he has do his business. Similar to litter tray training and when hes out he should learn to do his business there.

He's due for his operation soon, his appointments in a bit over a week. He's the only bunny in the house right now.
Goodness I hope his habit will fade away. :roll:

Back