• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wind has broken the hutch!

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
its so windy here:O , went outside to feed the bunnies and maiseys roof on the hutch has blown off:O and i cant find the other hutch covers anywhere! even went on the road looking for them -.- so had get a carrier out and maisey will be spending the night in the kitchen in a carrier! not ideal but its safer than in a roofless hutch! looks like a trip to pets at home is needed , i will need a hutch soon haha lol

Oh my goodness! Someone else posted something similar the other day, that the roof had come off their rabbit hutch. Is she ok?

Spenser hutch blew over Tuesday night. It's a Ryedale hutch, very solid and heavy. Try to get a stronger one than Pets at Home if you possibly can. :wave:

Spenser hutch blew over Tuesday night. It's a Ryedale hutch, very solid and heavy. Try to get a stronger one than Pets at Home if you possibly can. :wave:

thanks, yes i'll look for a strong hutch. I've had to leave the other three bunnies outside:/ penny and russell are ok as there hutch is very strong and sturdy! however Buddy is in the double hutch which i've have for 5 years:/ it is quite a cheap hutch not best quality and isnt too sturdy :/ but i'm sure he'll be fine as he is in a corner between the fence :/

Oh no! :shock::shock: Thankfully you noticed before you went off to bed though.

:shock: the winds are so strong! I'm glad Maisey is ok :) was this the runaround hutch?

no this was a single hutch, the runaround one is best hutch i've had lol so sturdy and safe :D sorry just wandering, how you know about that hutch :p?

no this was a single hutch, the runaround one is best hutch i've had lol so sturdy and safe :D sorry just wandering, how you know about that hutch :p?

Ooo I've been on the forums for a couple of years as Cloughie...had to create a new account for RU recently :) I remember seeing your drawn designs of it :)

I do like the runaround hutch :)

Ooo I've been on the forums for a couple of years as Cloughie...had to create a new account for RU recently :) I remember seeing your drawn designs of it :)

I do like the runaround hutch :)

ahh yeah i remember, didnt recognise your new username :L and thanks:) it saved my buns lives the other day! two stay hunting terriers got into the garden and was trying to break through the hutch. if they had of been in a mesh hutch the dogs would of got them :(

ahh yeah i remember, didnt recognise your new username :L and thanks:) it saved my buns lives the other day! two stay hunting terriers got into the garden and was trying to break through the hutch. if they had of been in a mesh hutch the dogs would of got them :(

:shock: how horryfying for you and the buns!! So glad they're ok. Sounds like its a well constructed hutch thank god

The wind caused one side of my playhouse to blow open and Mischief was caught running about the garden :shock: The playhouse had also moved back about 30cm- It's amazing how strong the wind is! I'm glad Maisey is ok :)

Oh dear :shock: Will the roof not go back on?

I wouldn't go to P@H for another, I'd only had mine a few months and the roof caved in :roll:

Back