• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i have the bunny bug... lol

natasha81harris

Young Bun
i got my first rabbit a week ago today, hes 10wks old. can i get another bun to keep him company or will they fight. I have still to get him neutered aswel.....

As soooon as he''s neutered you should get him a companion as rabbits are social animals ( says the girl with a single bunny :oops: :oops: )

It would be wonderful to get him a friend. The best way to do it would be to get him neutered and wait 6-8 weeks for his hormones to die down (unless you get him done as soon as they drop, in which case his hormones will be minimal and potentially you could get away with waiting less) and then find a reputable local rescue (who spays and neuters and vaccinates) and get him to choose his own bunny friend.

This link might help you. http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm

Absolutely get him a friend I would recommend getting him a female as does and bucks bond better than rabbits of the same sex, but definitely make sure they are neutered an introduce them slowly and give them time. I had Lucy for about a year and decided to get her a boyfriend Jack, I couldnt believe how much happier she was all they do now is lick and cuddle each other im so glad I got her a friend.
Good luck

Back