• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shelf in crate ? ideas?

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
Looks like our new bun meg will be being bonded with Vince who already lives indoors. We hadn't planned on this but he has started to become naughty ( pulling at the carpet, scratching, chewing EVERYTHING) and we think he's bored... She was suppose to be going outside with my trio but she was a house rabbit before I got her ( 2 weeks before Christmas) so we were going to keep her inside and then put her out once warmer. Her and Vince have met through the bars and it looks promising. Only problem is we never banked on having two house rabbits. Vince's cage is too small for two but we have a 48inch dog crate we would like to convert with a shelf etc..

I need ideas please/ photos of your indoor set ups.

I want them to stay indoors, I want it to benefit them but also practical for me ...

How have you fitted shelves/ do they come out etc?

They would only be in this while we were at work. It would be free range from 4pm onwards:thumb: .

We are now in the process of bunny proofing everything....:roll::lol:

I had one. It was a piece of solid grade laminate but you could use wood OH drilled a hole on each corner and we zip tied it in place. not easy to explain but really easy to do

We made a shelf with batterns across with screws at each end and then laid a peice of wood across. It means it's relatively easy to take out again. There should be a few piccies of it in progress in the indoor housing sticky, link in my siggy :)

Back