• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie saw vet today

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties got worse ear infection than either we or the vet thought. she cleaned deeper down than i could..she said its good its dry wax and pus....but then she said there was no way of knowing if his ear drums were ok...they are sealed shut with a mass of dry impacted wax and pus:( hes got cnaural ear drops to soften it so i can clean it out bit by bit. yummy!!

this is the cause she reckons of his attack the other night. despite the metacam the ear infection would spike a fever...cause a fit...and combined with dizzyness and pain hed have probably passed out from it.

poor bertie.

berties got worse ear infection than either we or the vet thought. she cleaned deeper down than i could..she said its good its dry wax and pus....but then she said there was no way of knowing if his ear drums were ok...they are sealed shut with a mass of dry impacted wax and pus:( hes got cnaural ear drops to soften it so i can clean it out bit by bit. yummy!!

this is the cause she reckons of his attack the other night. despite the metacam the ear infection would spike a fever...cause a fit...and combined with dizzyness and pain hed have probably passed out from it.

poor bertie.

Oh gosh poor boy. Im glad you know the cause and can give treatment. Lots of ear cleaning vibes. x

Oh your poor boy, that would make perfect sense. At least you know the cause and it can be treated. So hopefully it is a better outcome then a neurological one.

Give your gorgeous snuggly boy a nose rub from me. xxx

thank you both....the vet is only guessing but yes it would make sense this time...maybe he felt so so dizzy or confused as obviously he wont be able to hear properly...if at all.

ah bless you amanda...indeed i will. if i could pass you a bertie hug youd love him too....;):love:

Poor Bertie! ((((((Healing vibes)))))))) I have a good friend in Canada who has a lop bunny with chronic ear infections and gunk in his ear canals...he's been on huge amounts of abx, and yet fortunately he's never fevered bad enough to seize.
Knowing the problem is half the battle won. I hope he'll continue to improve now. (((((((hugs)))))))))

thank you both..he enjoyed the nose rubs;)

day before yesterday i went to clean the ear drops nozzle when i realised i was seeing a huge clump of ear waxy pus stuck to the bottle!!! i cleaned his ears out last night....a teeny bit is definately breaking down!! last night..nothing....

Back