• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What childrens toys/other objects have you used for cheap but good toys for rabbits?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Obviously the food based things that are easy to make and we have stickies/threads on, but I see a lot of people using baby/toddler/childrens toys and things to make good play items!

A few people have those plastic activity centres, etc etc?

Please post pics, ideas, images, descriptions etc :)!

This is only one I can find at the moment. My mum bought it for £23 years ago for the kids. I gave it a coat of paint and the buns have it to play on and the kids can use it when they are in to visit.
2011-10-30%25252016.49.08.jpg

Plastic table that had spinning things on the top but they broke so this makes a superb lookout in the run!
SDC10873.JPG

Last edited:
This is only one I can find at the moment. My mum bought it for £23 years ago for the kids. I gave it a coat of paint and the buns have it to play on and the kids can use it when they are in to visit.
2011-10-30%25252016.49.08.jpg

Perfect example :love:! Something that people might already have or can get for cheap that the bunnies really enjoy :D

And Mittens loved this table and chairs. Millie likes the table now as well!
Mittens.JPG

:lol: :love:! Another great example! I bought a little plastic chair for N&T this summer from wilkos but they spent 2 weeks ignoring it so I passed it onto a rescue in the end :oops: Worth a try though, and it was only £2.50 :D

I have some hard plastic baskets from wilkinsons that I think are meanth for the bathroom. They seem to be chew proof but the buns like throwing them around a bit. They also make good hay holders

Thanks! I always though she was waiting for her afternoon tea.:love::love::love:

Awww :love: I honestly think she was one of the loveliest rabbits to have ever been at Paws Here :love:

I know some rabbits would chew them to pieces but my Missy loves grooming and snuggling into my childhood teddies that I've passed onto her :)

Scamp likes stacking cups, weeble like things, stickle bricks, wooden blocks, cars, basically anything he can nudge, throw and rearrange. It's all supervised though as he'd probably eat it left alone too long. He does have a few large fake duplo pieces that came in a second hand set but didn't fit to anything else.

Daisy loves the mini ten pin bowling set i got her out of asda. Shame she only knows how to knock them over so i spend half the night stacking them back up for her! :roll:

I also got her this out of ikea kids section:

daisyintent2.jpg

Its a kids stuffed toy pet carrier and i cut the other side open to make it into a mini tunnel.

Back