• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns Favourite Hay Expert Hay??

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Just wondering which of the hay experts hay your buns love?

My dental bunny needs all the encouragement he can get with his hay, he seems to prefer those with herbs/added flavours in if that makes sense?

Daisy is a fussy hay eater and her favourite is the alfafa king brand timothy hay which is grown in America i think. Its a lot thicker and greener than standard timothy hay.

Daisy is a fussy hay eater and her favourite is the alfafa king brand timothy hay which is grown in America i think. Its a lot thicker and greener than standard timothy hay.

He is currently munching through a bag of that as we speak :lol:

All i have tried from the hay experts hay wise is the oat, wheat & barley hay, readi grass, and orchard grass :)

Orchard grass goes down best here - they always go straight to it.

That said though, they all also enjoy hay from bales from a local farm that are £6 a bale so probably about 1/8 of the price of the orchard grass.

readigrass was the firm favourite when I bought the sample packs. It went in a flash! Timothy I think was next, I forget as it was a while ago. Orchard grass was the last one to be finished.

Mine love readigrass. They get a large handful daily for their dinner. And they also like Oxbow Timothy Hay (but I buy this occasionally because its expensive).

Liquorice is munching it down as we speak we use that one too she adores it it's definately a hit with most bunnies :lol:

Sorry to jump in on this thread - I ordered some of the samples from The Hay Experts and my bun preferred the Readigrass.

Can someone help - is this as good for his teeth as some of the others - I know it sounds daft but it doesn't look as hardy as hay if you see what I mean :?

My bun is due for his first dental and I want to encourage hay eating as much as possible afterwards.

Hi, Dont worry :wave:

I am not totally sure of the answer to your question. However in my experience the readigrass is just as good as grass & hay, and gets the teeth down just the same, but I may be completely wrong!

Back