• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes please for Tilly new update p17

bunslave

Mama Doe
Tilly has been refusing food and not been her usual bouncy self today. :( Just got back from the vets who said her stomach feels ok and teeth are fine so she's had 3 injections and a dose of B12. If she doesn't perk up in the next few hours it will be straight back to the vets :cry:

Last edited:
Sending lots and lots of vibes her way!

Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon. Is she pooing?

Thanks all. She has done a few very small dark poos and had a couple of drinks during the day but not enough to stop me worrying. Her poos have never been good and she is already on abx for snuffles which doesn't help. It's the personality change thats really giving me cause for concern.

Still no change with Tilly I'm afraid so she is now back at the vets.:( I just can't understand it. One minute she was fine eating her supper and half an hour later she was like this. Have asked the vet to check her throat and do bloods and/or x rays if necessary. Any suggestions anybody? What is really worrying is the other 2 seem to be ignoring her.

Still no change with Tilly I'm afraid so she is now back at the vets.:( I just can't understand it. One minute she was fine eating her supper and half an hour later she was like this. Have asked the vet to check her throat and do bloods and/or x rays if necessary. Any suggestions anybody? What is really worrying is the other 2 seem to be ignoring her.

Has she had a thorough dental check, under GA? Maybe its teeth - worth, if having xrays, that you have a skull xray performed perhaps?

If the other 2 are ignoring her, it may be that they know she is sick - Sometimes they will nip/bite/be a bit, what appears to us as, mean, or sometimes, ignore completely, shunning the sick member of the group.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the vets can find a soultion and make her well again

Rang back at 7pm and spoke to my vet to see how she was and discuss treatment options. There was no change although as well as the drip she was taking her cc syringes ok. We decided that if still the same in the morning then x rays would be done.

15 mins after putting the phone down, Jo (vet) rang back to say that she was watching Tilly eat some hay :thumb: So fingers crossed this continues and we have some poops in the morning. :) I might get some sleep tonight :D

Just a further update on Tilly and hope I'm not tempting fate!
Well we've had a scary few days. Picked her up next morning after Jo saying she was eating ok and had bit through her drip but when we got home she was clearly still not right. The syringing was stressful for both of us although a bit easier when I had someone to help :) Went back to the vets on Saturday as I needed reassurance :oops: Sunday still the same. I had watched her eating some hay and drinking water which made me feel a bit better. Then very late Sun night she started to show a bit more interest in things and asked to come out of the pen and even joined the others having some supper :)
She's still not 100% and her appetite is small but her poos are starting to look better. I'll be continuing with her meds although I have cut down on the syringe feeding as she really hated that and I want to keep it as stress free as possible.
So fingers crossed everyone :)

Back