• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freckle's Accommodation- Pics as Requested-U/D More Pics Post 35

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
001-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

008.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

Last edited:
How awesome is that :D

Just a question, as i have 0 knowledge about Hammies, do they not need a kind of substrate to dig through and burrow etc?

I know my Gerbil did when i had one MANY years ago, just being curious :)

so cute - looks like she is enjoying exploring! I love the tunnel bit! :love: Do they need wood to chew on like bunnies? Have no idea - just curious too!;)

I know what that's black and white carrier is from :oops:
A 101 dalmatians toy from the disney store :D

I love Freckle's set up :D

I would love to give Suki something that big - she is in the biggest cage I have found - but I still don't think it's large enough and with eight cats I am terrified of letting her free range.

Doesn't Freckle climb out of the boxes? And if you put a lid on, doesn't she suffocate? (Sorry if that's a really stupid question but I really would be so pleased if I could find a way to extend Suki's accommodation. She is only a dwarf chinese hammy so very tiny, and she spends hours in her wheel and burrowing in her paper, but your set-up looks fantastic.

How awesome is that :D

Just a question, as i have 0 knowledge about Hammies, do they not need a kind of substrate to dig through and burrow etc?

I know my Gerbil did when i had one MANY years ago, just being curious :)

She has shredded paper in three places which she moves about as she pleases. She also gets a sheet of kitchen towel to drag about and shred up for her nest :)

I would love to give Suki something that big - she is in the biggest cage I have found - but I still don't think it's large enough and with eight cats I am terrified of letting her free range.

Doesn't Freckle climb out of the boxes? And if you put a lid on, doesn't she suffocate? (Sorry if that's a really stupid question but I really would be so pleased if I could find a way to extend Suki's accommodation. She is only a dwarf chinese hammy so very tiny, and she spends hours in her wheel and burrowing in her paper, but your set-up looks fantastic.

I have two open mesh tops for each box :) She cant climb up the sides anyway, too slippery.

Back