• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ra - adjusting to a different life.....

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Some of you may know that Ra lost our beloved Hera on 29th December.

Whilst the loss of Hera has been devastating, seeing Ra without his wife has been nearly as traumatic:cry:

As hubbie reasonably doesn't want any more animals arriving for a variety of reasons, I gave him the option of either Ra gets a new wife, or he has to come and live in the house so he's not on his own.

Just thought I'd show a few pics to show that he quite likes his new surroundings, and when he's not thundering from room to room, he's happily flopped under the dining table.
He's been following the 3 dogs around, and has been terrorising the o/h, who finds his size a bit daunting:lol:

Fingers crossed he continues to be a good boy and doesn't start chewing everything in sight............

093.jpg

091.jpg

094.jpg

I was so sorry to hear you lost Hera, I loved your pair :( He's such a gorgeous boy, glad he's enjoying being a house bun :love: :love:

So sorry to hear you lost your bunny but lovely to see Ra enjoying life as a house-bun, he is truely beautiful.

So sorry to hear he lost his partner :( He does seem to have settled in well, and I love how he's bigger than the dog :lol:

I am so sorry you lost Hera :cry:

Ra looks like he has made himself well and truly at home, looks very comfortable! :love::love::love:

He's a handsome big lad, and I hope all continues well for him (and you!) indoors. :wave:

My Spenser recently became a housebun for health reasons, and has fairly monopolised my bedroom. :roll::love:

I'm so sorry you lost your bun, having recently lost my Honey I know how devastating it is for the buns left and us humans.
However Ra does look very settled. Keeping my fingers crossed that he behaves.:wave:

Goodness he is as big as the dog :shock: He looks very happy I hope he continues to be a good boy so that he can stay in :D

I :love: :love: :love::love: the rabbit statue by the fire

They both remind me so much of Amber, I'm so sorry you lost hera she was beautiful.

Ra looks like he's settling well :love:

Well so far so good.......

He has spent most of the day lying amongst the table and chair legs and hasn't tasted any of them...... yet:lol:

Spike, one of the other dogs, has spent most of the day lying next to Ra, just like he used to when Oscar and Sea lived in the house:love:.

I'm so hopeful that I have today sorted out Ra's shed, so that Oscar and Sea, a pair of real oldies, can spend the rest of winter in the 10 ft shed with the heating - they're currently having a whale of a time exploring

I so hope it lasts, but once he discovers stuff to chew it may all go horribly wrong:lol:

Wow, that's a lot of gorgeous bun - I just want to pick him up and hug him :love::love::love:

He'd reward you with a nice nip - he's always been a bit of a bolshy boy:love:

How much does he weigh?

He weighs around 7kg at the moment. He's heavier than normal due to me having to put lots of different foods in for Hera. We'll be aiming to get him back to 6.5kg for the spring, which is a much healthier weight for him.

He is genuinely bigger than all 3 of my dogs, and the oh won't be left alone with him loose at the moment as he's not happy intervening if Ra decides to start chewing something he shouldn't. I think Dave has had a few nips over the years from Ra and is wise to him now:lol:

I've never met a really big rabbit in the fur. It's amazing that he is more than twice the weight of my Spenser, who is generally considered a big boy. Since coming indoors Spenser will chew anything paper or cardboard, but he is in a wire-free room so no worries there. He doesn't seem to fancy my Ikea furniture. :lol:

He weighs around 7kg at the moment. He's heavier than normal due to me having to put lots of different foods in for Hera. We'll be aiming to get him back to 6.5kg for the spring, which is a much healthier weight for him.

He is genuinely bigger than all 3 of my dogs, and the oh won't be left alone with him loose at the moment as he's not happy intervening if Ra decides to start chewing something he shouldn't. I think Dave has had a few nips over the years from Ra and is wise to him now:lol:

My biggest one is about 5 kgs, and I thought that was tough enough to handle - we need three people at the vets to brush her and cut her nails :lol:

He is absolutely gorgeous though :love:

Back