• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling To Find Boarding

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Im really s triggering to f ind boarding for my two :(

Myself and OH got offered last minute work in Australia for 17 days and our friends who usually look after the buns are moving house so cant take them. :(

I've found several places to take the buns (Manchester) but all are outside and with this weather the buns (pampered indoor free roamers) can't even really risk an outhouse or out building.

We are flying from Heathrow on the monday and driving down from Manchester via Leicester for the weekend first....so I suppose they could board in Leicester as they travel well.

So does anyone know an indoor boarding in Manchester or Leicester

I am afraid I don't but I am only 20 minutes from Heathrow. I imagine that this would be far too far for your bunnies to travel (I know how much I hate that journey) but if you get totally stuck then e-mail and I'll see if we are able to help.

therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

I do know someone who does rabbit boarding in Leicester, but I can't remember if she does heated/indoor. I shall find out for you.

Thanks guys all the help you can give is greatly appreciated!

With us stopping in Leicester for the weekend it gives us more options, the pair are no trouble very well trimmed and loved up its just a nightmare trying to find somewhere indoors at such short notice

Have you tried mypetstop? This isn't a recommendation, as I haven't used them personally, but I did go and check out their setup in Leeds - they had what were basically cattery units but for rabbits and they were in a heated block. I was happy with the space they would have had, and ours are pampered housebuns too with free range in the evenings.

The main drawback with them is that they were expensive (£14ish/day I think for our two), and I don't think they would have got anything close to as good care as where they do go (Tuckerbunnies in North Yorkshire - over an hour's drive but so worth it).

Thanks so much guys anymore recommendations are more than welcome!

This is a place in Manchester that have space Clipsley Pets www.clipsleypetshop.co.uk/pet-boarding

If anyone can have a look through and give me some honest opinions, they also emailed me back after I asked them for some info regarding the buns being indoor free range, this was there response.

.Hello Mike,

We have an indoor holiday room in which we have standard cages as you can see on the site, but we have in the past accommodated our customers requirements for larger cages with space to run free, indoors, I have attached a picture (not a great shot) to give you an idea.

The large indoor cage is housed within a contained run (metal mesh run approx 6' x 4') this will give them a large area to run around in 24/7.

Included in the boarding service is your rabbits food (if we stock it) fresh veg, fresh hay and water every day, for the seventeen night stay with this larger setup it would work out at £6.00 per night, giving you a total cost of £102.00

If you feel this would serve your rabbits requirements please let me know and I will make arrangement to contact you to take the £20 deposit require to secure the space for your rabbits.

Not sure if this is of any help, but I've used this woman before and she's been great:

http://www.findpetboarding.com/rabbitboarding/profile/3632

My 2 were indoor buns at the time and she could accomodate to that. I had to provide the cage which was kept in the kitchen and she let them have free range time for a good few hours a night. She and her family were great with the buns and she is happy to email all the time you're away. It might be a bit far for you but worth mentioning :)

Manchester -> Solihull -> Leicester only adds about 30 mins on to your journey so hopefully that's helpful!

And if that seems good and she has the space for them indoors but no setup, I live about 35 mins from Solihull and have a spare 48" dog crate and puppy pen that's not being used that you could borrow for the duration if you pay petrol and maybe a deposit incase you run off with them :D I know what it's like to be stuck for someone to look after buns, it's not a nice situation so worth seeing if I can help :) The setup isn't ideal but it's got a decent amount of space for a temporary home :)

It's also worth asking any places near you if they could accommodate for indoor boarding, plenty of people might have a conservatory that they can move a setup in to for a few weeks while you're away :)

Last edited:
If you get stuck at all and can't find anywhere we do bunny holiday boarding and have heated inside bunny suites but we are near Scotch Corner in North Yorkshire, just email me if you want info and photos :)

We're based in Leicester and have used both bunny hall in Ruddington (between Nottingham and Leicester so could be en-route from Manchester) and Tracey at rngp welfare in Rugby for our guys.

Bunny Hall is indoor and temperature controlled, and have a variety of accommodation options although the are pricey and we found the fixed opening times a little inflexible, although I can understand from a business owner perspective why this is necessary.

Our guys always have a great time with Tracey, it sometimes feels like when we pick them up they are disappointed to come home!

bunny sitter needed

If you get stuck at all and can't find anywhere we do bunny holiday boarding and have heated inside bunny suites but we are near Scotch Corner in North Yorkshire, just email me if you want info and photos :)

Hi I am looking for a sitter for my bunny in July as I am going on holiday for 2 weeks. He is an indoor lionhead bunny. I also wondered how much it would cost to board Toffee? Do you have a website?

bunnyspoilere

Hi - my name is Russ and I run Bunny Spoilers in Leeds. We do indoor and outdoor boarding and have a five foot double tiered available on monday. We charge £8.50 for 2 buns/day. We have reccommends on here from loubylou and we have feedback on our website.

check us out and give us a bell if youre still stuck.

www.bunnyspoilers.co.uk

Back