• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Jessie...

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
She's got excess caecals again :s She had a real problem with it when we first got her, but she's been fine for ages. There had been a couple since Monday night so we stopped giving veggies. Woke up this morning and there was lots- probably a dozen or more bunches- with some stuck in her mane where she had laid in it :roll:

All cleaned up now (with Jessie sulking in her carrier) and she's on a hay only diet for the next few days. Hopefully it clears up soon!

I remember she was on a hay only diet during her brief stay here. She nommed hay like there was no tomorrow!

Our newbie Holly is suffering from excess caecals following her recovery from stasis. I thought it was down to the pellets, but I think it might actually be the oat hay I've been giving her to encourage her hay eating.

Back