• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chamomile tea

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Bought some the other day because I suddenly remembered that it was good for bunnies in some way, well what exactly does it do? I know peppermint tea is good for stasis buns but what about chamomile? :wave:

I have never given a rabbit any kind of tea but have heard people say to give Chamomile tea when the rabbit is stressed, just generally not feeling well or to get them to drink more. I think that it is suppose to be weak and cooled.

Squidgy used to steal mine if I put my cup on the floor :shock: and Salt and Pepper's run is right next to where we grow the chamomile and Salt has done a lot of stretching to steal the flowers. They love the taste, but I'm not sure on the health benefits. It must be similar to humans though and be calming.

I've never given mine any tea, but Bella usually eats/drinks anything, so I have a feeling she would like it. Boris would most likely dispprove as usual :lol:

I use it to encourage Buckley to drink more. He has a habit of not drinking enough if we don't vary the fluids he's offered.
It's also very good if he's stressed. He always gets a big bowl of tepid chamomile tea after a vet trip :)

Back