• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducinggggg... Moo Sexy Beast!!

LKristalJ

Young Bun
Here he is!.. I don't know what kind of bunny he is, all I know is that I love him with all my heart!! (Even with his one floppy ear!!)

His first trip to the vet!

IMG02783-20111231-1035.jpg

Moo and his mummy after the vet!

IMG02785-20111231-1121.jpg

Moo chilling under his mummy's bed!

IMG02790-20111231-2048.jpg

Moo nomnoming while standing IN his food bowl! (It's a temporary cage while I have a hutch built)

IMG02811-20120102-2242.jpg

Moo inspecting something he isn't allowed to have! (Don't worry, they were all sealed!)

IMG02732-20111226-2206.jpg

And finally, Moo seems to believe he belongs in Playboy to show those other 'bunnies' how it's really done!

IMG02734-20111227-0922.jpg

Last edited:
He is lovely!

Looks like a mix to me, the markings are dutch, he obviously has some lop in there too.... but something else too, those ears look like they are shaped wrong for a dwarf lop. To my untrained eye he looks like he has some big-eared breed in him as well, and they are mostly giant.

You may want to invest in a carrier for vet trips if you havent already done so though, for safety in the vets and the car but also to keep him more comfortable in the car.

looks exactly like my daisy!! looongg in the body, HUGE ears, pointy face!

expect moo to grow rather big! so a big hutch is a must!

Thank you everyone! I told Moo all your kind comments and he started blush.. Then said he's a ladies' man. Lol.

I've no idea how old he is.. My guess is about 4 months, but I don't know.. Can any of you help me with an estimation??

He really DOES have big ears.. I never really noticed.. Lol.. But now that you all say it, it's so obvious! So all in all, Moo seems to be a dutch-lop-giant mix?!?!.. I don't know if that means anything other than the baby's gonna be a big, floppy eared baby! :lol:

As for the hutch, the one that is being built should hopefully be big enough for him.. And it's a two storey hutch!.. I don't have a bunny-specific carrier, but I used the cage when I took him to the vet and it was good enough..

I'd say dutch crossed with a french lop maybe? those are some massive ears!

As for his age, he's definatly young. Have his testicles dropped yet? that usually happens about 4/5months old :)

Yep, I'd say he's going to get pretty big :)

This page tells you the minimum sizes a rabbit should have, and the video is good too. It is the Rabbit Welfare Association so you know they are a trustworthy source of information: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

The minimum for a hutch would be 6ftx2ftx2ft but personally I'd go for something bigger if he's going to be a big bunny. Most people with big rabbits prefer to use a shed or playhouse instead of a hutch, and it means you can actually get inside it with them for a cuddle, and decorate it nicely with a tunnel and shelves. If you do make him a hutch I'd make it 3ft deep and 3ft high instead of 2ft, so you dont have to replace it if he does grow large, I'd also see if you can make it bigger than 6ft wide.

I'd say dutch crossed with a french lop maybe? those are some massive ears!

As for his age, he's definatly young. Have his testicles dropped yet? that usually happens about 4/5months old :)

Hehe. My big-eared bunny! :love: .. Uhm.. I don't know.. Lol.. Are they obvious?? I can expose him and take a picture if it helps??

@nessar .. The hutch is going to be 4ftx3ftx2ft.. It's already being made so i don't think I'd be able to make any adjustments to it.. I should be big enough.. On days that I don't have school, he'd be allowed to run around the yard/house.. So, he'd get plenty outside time/exercise!

Hehe. My big-eared bunny! :love: .. Uhm.. I don't know.. Lol.. Are they obvious?? I can expose him and take a picture if it helps??

@nessar .. The hutch is going to be 4ftx3ftx2ft.. It's already being made so i don't think I'd be able to make any adjustments to it.. I should be big enough.. On days that I don't have school, he'd be allowed to run around the yard/house.. So, he'd get plenty outside time/exercise!

There are other options other than a hutch that often work out better value for money. The link in my signature will take you to lots of examples of various setups that people on here have :)

He is Gorgeous!:love::love::love::love: Huge ears! :p

Sounds wonderful that he will be able to run about when you are not at school! he will love that! The hutch is too small a size for him to be in all day though...he will need a big run attached .;):wave:

Its fairly obvious :lol: http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/images/testicles.jpg

Honestly the size I reckon he'd grow to thats really not enough on its own, can you get a run made to go on the hutch? Rabbits need a huge amount of space, think about how much space a wild rabbit has :)

:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. My Moo has nothing like that!! Lol!!

In terms of the space.. When I get the hutch, I'll see what I can do to build an attached run.. It shouldn't be too difficult as he's going in the shady part of the garden! The hutch is already being made, so I will stick with it and make any adjustments at home if necessary..

And thanks everyone! He's my dream rabbit!! :love:

Back