• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bumble seems to have bonded himself with Dylan and Molly

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I found out how Bumble was getting into Dylan and Molly's half of the run - it was VERY clever for a partially sighted bun. However, although I adapted the divider to stop this - he is still managing to get in another way and I haven't a clue how.

I am now finding him IN the hutch with Molly and Dylan - and there are no longer piles of fur everywhere and no injuries. He is desperately lonely and I can't collect Frangipan until the last week in January at the earliest (when I have leave at both jobs booked).

It is going against every bonding rule but I have decided to leave them all to it. Dylan was my main worry as he is so elderly but he is still nomming happily and seems fine.

Once I get Frangipan I will bond into a four:shock: Very scary but I will have a lot of totally free time to do it with no stress about going to either of my jobs. I may see if Sam (Bluesmum) can come and help for a while the first day too as separating four on my own will be problematic.

Having a four will be a lot better as the buns will have the whole run - it won't have to be divided into two.

I think Bumble is half goat - he climbs on top of his hutch too - and it's quite high up. He is a typical BARC bun - VERY norty;)

Sounds like Bumble knew what he wanted and figured out on his own how to get it. :lol: Smart bunny. I am glad that it seems to be working out.

Aw bless him, Boris did the same thing...breaking into Bella's room (still not sure how he did it :shock:). It was as if he just decided that he very much wanted to be friends with her after all (after weeks of ignoring her completely) :lol: Mum just called me one morning asking if I had put them together. I thought I was going to faint when she told me that he was sat in her room happily munching hay! :lol: They were fine though and have been in love ever since :)

Aw bless him, Boris did the same thing...breaking into Bella's room (still not sure how he did it :shock:). It was as if he just decided that he very much wanted to be friends with her after all (after weeks of ignoring her completely) :lol: Mum just called me one morning asking if I had put them together. I thought I was going to faint when she told me that he was sat in her room happily munching hay! :lol: They were fine though and have been in love ever since :)

Aww how lovely :love:

oh my karen...thats amazing!! im so happy for you and for bumble;)

so pleased dylans stayed chilled out too. wanna do mine now?:lol::lol:

Awww :love: You need to put up more pics of your furries. Bumble is amazing.
Bonding rules are strange. Mr Bennett still upsets my girl, but they get by. :) Every night they snuggle up.

awwww bless ... this has realy realy made me smile ... :D

Karen if you no longer need to take Fran it realy isnt a problem .. Im sure she will be snapped up ( and she is truely norty .. :roll: )

awwww bless ... this has realy realy made me smile ... :D

Karen if you no longer need to take Fran it realy isnt a problem .. Im sure she will be snapped up ( and she is truely norty .. :roll: )

Oh no, I still want to adopt Frangipan. I've fallen in love with her and it will be good for Bumble to have someone special of his own. Molly and Dylan are very much a pair - they have got a lot closer since Munchkin went to the Bridge. They have just decided to tolerate Bumble.

I know it's been a while since I said I would adopt her (and I haven't paid for her yet:oops:) but because she is going to have to live in the shower room to start with I needed to have three or four consecutive days off both jobs so I can bond her straight away. I have now sorted that for the end of January:)

At the moment I am still putting Bumble in his own hutch at night. None of my hutches are big enough for four bunnies anyway so I have always separated groups at night.

I'm amazed at how Bumble got fed-up with waiting for me to find him a wife and decided he was lonely and he was going to do something about it. He scans all the time and his eyesight is very poor, yet he worked out how to get in with the other two, found their hutch, climbed the ramp and made himself very much at home. He is some bunny!!!

Back