• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's hutch blew over last night!

:( thank god he was safe indoors Susie.

I feel for all the outdoor bunnies in this weather, i read the reports and watch them on TV for scotland and the north and really worry :(

Thank goodness he wasn't in there :shock:

Another good reason for keeping him as a house bunny :D;)

Oh my goodness; your hutch must be really heavy too. It doesn't bear thinking about really, if he'd been inside..... :shock: :( I hope Mr McFlurry is doing ok in his summer house.

Thank goodness he wasn't in there :shock:

Another good reason for keeping him as a house bunny :D;)

My Dad wasn't going to tell me (presumably having worked out that he'd never go out again!). If anyone has seen a Rydale hutch they will know how truly shocking it is that this has happened. :shock:

He'll need the hutch as a playhouse in summer, as my room gets far to warm for a bunny's comfort in the evening. He'll be back indoors overnight though.

My Dad wasn't going to tell me (presumably having worked out that he'd never go out again!). If anyone has seen a Rydale hutch they will know how truly shocking it is that this has happened. :shock:

He'll need the hutch as a playhouse in summer, as my room gets far to warm for a bunny's comfort in the evening. He'll be back indoors overnight though.

Yes, I've seen the single level Rydale and it is HEAVY!

Thank god he wasn't in it!!! The wind is terrible here too, I hate Daisy and Digby being outside in it, even though their kennel has an enclosed section. I just want them all inside with me :(

Thank goodness Spenser was indoors.

It must have been heck of a gust that blew it over as they are so heavy. :shock:

Thank god he's inside. I can't believe such a big hutch managed to get blown over. :shock:
If I'm remembering rightly, the hutch wasn't against a wall or anything was it? Maybe others with their buns in hutches should make sure they're as sheltered as possible, if they're against a wall it will make it harder for wind to force them over.

I was really worried about mine last night but when I went down it was warmer in my shed than in my flat, and rambo was actually sat out in the run in the pouring rain and terrible winds :roll:
Luckily we never get it too bad down here.

:shock::shock: I woke up at 5 and couldn't sleep because of Lola. Donny is in a single and very heavy hutch but Lola has the double hutch which is pretty light and I was so scared it would blow over :shock: I'm going to get my dad to put a concrete slab on the top like he did last time it was windy :shock: and I'm in the middle of the country!! :shock:

Glad Spenser is all safe indoors :) I wish my 2 were :lol:

BattleKat is correct, Spenser's hutch doesn't back on to the house. He's not due to move back out until late spring, so plenty time to re-think although there isn't an obvious other place for it to go.

Oh god I would dread the thought of Rosie's hutch falling over, especially in the middle of the night! Thank goodness he was inside and cozy with you :) I would be reluctant to put him back outside again aswell if that hutch was able to fall over
I kept worrying about Rosie's hutch and her plastic sheet that keeps the rain out but it was all in place when I looked out the window this morning (well just made it out because there was so much rain I couldn't see properly :shock: ) so I guess she is in a good sheltered spot

Back