• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Windy weather

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone else's bunnies scared of the bad weather over night? Hopscotch was really unhappy this morning :( He wouldn't eat his breakfast. Bad enough that I had to take him out to the vet anyway which took an hour to get to because of the traffic/weather so was terrified by the time we got there which is unusual for him. He doesn't like it but he doesn't normally look so scared. Probably for the best that he's there though as I can't be at home to keep an eye on him today!

Louie has dived behind the sofa and thumped several times this morning, he doesn't seem to like the rain battering on the conservatory or the wind whistling :(

Spenser has been thumping and looking scared. If he was outside he'd probably be dead or injured. His hutch blew over, and it's a really solid Ryedale. :shock:

Spenser has been thumping and looking scared. If he was outside he'd probably be dead or injured. His hutch blew over, and it's a really solid Ryedale. :shock:

:shock: Oh no!! So glad he was inside with you!!

I had a really rough night with the kids and then once they were asleep I was worried sick about the buns! :( I kept going down into the lounge and looking out the window. I had anchored everything down as usual but I had left them access to the run becuase I didnt realise it was going to be THAT bad! When i went out this morning my box of bunny stuff had blown over and my bag of P@H pellets had blown all over the garden...we have been switching them to SS slowly over the last 5 days and they have been tolerating it wel but im a bit worried becuase all I could give them this morning was SS pellets :? They only had 6 each so fingers crossed they will be ok!

Hope everybun stays safe!!

Mine don't seem bothered by the bad weather at all, little freaks! :lol:

Poor Hopscotch :( Hope he feels better soon xx

Mine seem ok, Mischa keeps getting up on the bed with me but he does that anyway when he's on metacam the little junkie. Haven't heard anything from the other two, when I go past they are tucked up in their bed asleep.

Mind you i don't blame them. I got up did their meds and food and have gone back to bed myself :oops: need to brave it later to sort the litter tray.

I have 10 outdoor buns in 2 groups, both with sheds and runs. They all seem fine with it and it isn't bothering them. I am freaking out though because the wind looks like it might blow the corrugated platic roof off. I really hope not or I will have to shut them inside the shed.

Sebastian hates wind so is hiding :wave: Imogen is keeping very calm considering how much of a scatty bun she is normally :)

Just been out to check on mine. Both buns aren't bothered, but the piggies are wheeking like mad :(

Mine are perfectly fine but the wind hasn't been too bad here in the Midlands. It was definitely windy but nowhere near as much as up north! It was really quite rainy too. Buns are quite secure in their shed as it has insulation and then another layer so it's quite solid, and they don't get freaked. All their veggies were gone this morning. N&T send keeses to Hopscotch!

Mine are perfectly fine but the wind hasn't been too bad here in the Midlands. It was definitely windy but nowhere near as much as up north! It was really quite rainy too. Buns are quite secure in their shed as it has insulation and then another layer so it's quite solid, and they don't get freaked. All their veggies were gone this morning. N&T send keeses to Hopscotch!

Hopscotch wouldn't even eat banana this morning :cry: I'm sure he'll send keeses back when he's feeling better!

Mine are all ok apart from Fluff, who has been extra clingy today. Last time he was like this he stopped eating :(.

Wind has died down quite a bit now, so hopefully he will be OK.

Archie doesent seem bothered by the bad weather but he is a freak,, me on the other hand is getting so paranoid hearing the eind hit my window and I so wish I could bring him in but I haven't got anywhere for him, but he always seems fine in the morning let's hope it just doesn't get too bad in the night

Back