• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning to all outdoor bunny owners around Lincolnshire

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
I have sadly been informed that pet rabbits are being stolen:shock:. My two different friends in Gainsborough have both had a rabbit stolen in the last few days. They were both white, one large approx 6yrs old and the other one small and approx 2yrs old. Not sure if it's coincedence or what but just wanted to warn bunny mummys to be on guard.

God there are some nasty:evil: people in this world.

Evil ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hearing of the two greyhounds dumped out the back of a van not too far from me and talk of dog baiting fighting etc. I'm not sure how I feel about some people at the moment. This is an evil world we live in - hate it!!

I hope they are found too. This is one of my big fears, and I literally sometimes lie awake at night worrying about it and trying to listen out for any sounds. Those poor bunnies and those poor owners :cry:

That's awful. We have padlocks on the hutch and the run is padlocked to it as I had heard of some outdoor pets being nicked. There was a guinea pig stolen in Ipswich some time back, they took the hutch and everything.

Do you know what area of Gainsborough? Both my parents live there.

A few nights ago there was a series of break-ins to the garden of my mum's and a few of her neighbours houses- when I looked out the window there was someone outside out back door with a torch!! :shock::shock: Someone else had had their window trim taken, luckily no-one had any pets or anything of value outside.

I'm wondering if it's the same people- this happened near Trent Bridge...

Poor bunnies :cry: I hope they're found.

I'm glad I have an enclosed garden and padlocks on everything. I worry about the neighbours' buns being visible to people walking past though :(

A few nights ago there was a series of break-ins to the garden of my mum's and a few of her neighbours houses- when I looked out the window there was someone outside out back door with a torch!! :shock::shock: Someone else had had their window trim taken, luckily no-one had any pets or anything of value outside.

They were probably trying to break in, if UPVC windows are externally beaded and not glued in you can pop the trim off, and then just take the window pane out and climb in. DH is a joiner and has shocked many a client by demonstrating this!
DH is from Gainsborough and MIL is just along from Trent bridge on Ropery Road, she's constantly concerned about security even though her place is very secure.

Oh my gosh, how terrible.

Why do people feel the need to do cruel and horrible things?

It should be law to get dogs chipped.

We have only had our rescue dog for 4 days and already she has been
deflead
de wormed
had 3 baths
put on 2 kilos
been chipped
had her first jabs.

I will never understand why people dont care enough to get these things done immediately

It was uphill part of park springs estate. The police are involved and both owners have spoken to vets, pet shops etc incase they hear of anything. I think the large white one known as snowy was a NZ white.:(. No news yet.

Back