• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper and Bugsy are getting more confident <3

Sallie

Young Bun
Ive had my two buns since the 21st , theyre indoor until the weather warms up, so they get time out of their hutch to run around the living room. Usually they just hide under the sofa and poke their heads out now and then, but as i type theyre hopping around the living room chasing each other and bouncing around, Bugsys even sat right next to me and Thumper (normally very nervous) has even clambered over me. But there are a few lumps in my carpet (the carpet layer wasnt very good) and Thumper keeps biting them and pulling the carpet up slightly. Will it do him any harm? xx

sox kept doing the same with mums carpet i kept saying no firmly in my voice he soon learnt to stop and now doesn;t do it no more :wave:

sox kept doing the same with mums carpet i kept saying no firmly in my voice he soon learnt to stop and now doesn;t do it no more :wave:

Ahh ok, thank you. Im just worried about scaring them as i havent had them long and theyre just starting to settle in and i dont want to scare them off if you know what i mean? xx

I know exactly what you mean about building up some trust and then not wanting to scare them
I'm in the middle of building trust up with my bunny Bee who I've had since 11th november. I don't want to do anything that makes him go backwards in his trust in me! He's better than he was but still a way to go

Ruthie xxx

I know exactly what you mean about building up some trust and then not wanting to scare them
I'm in the middle of building trust up with my bunny Bee who I've had since 11th november. I don't want to do anything that makes him go backwards in his trust in me! He's better than he was but still a way to go

Ruthie xxx

Im not too fussed about the carpet to be honest, i have a 16 month old son so its not in pristine condition and will be replace when hes 5/6, i just dont want them getting ill from it. But then i think if i wait until they trust me more to tell them not to do it they might be confused because theyve been allowed to do it for a period of time so im unsure of what to do for the best xx

I see what you mean yes

If it was me I'd leave it til they trusted me more but whether that's the right thing to do or not...

Ruthie xxx

I think thats what im going to do, to be honest i think it was just more them exploring everything seeing what everything is because the longer they were out hopping around the less they were doing it xx

Back