• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nothing wrong so why does she run with her head on one side?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
im a bunnymummyof a crazy little bun....lily....or loopy lily as we call her. shes quite mad...but oh so afectionate...been in bed with me most of the night and this evening (painkillers knocking me out:oops:)

she has a very odd habit....when she listens she only has one ear up...different ears at different times!! BUT the most scary thing is when she runs playing...she tends to tip her head to one side...flop both her loppy ears over her head so they both hang down on the same side. Then runs full pelt even binkies! then suddenly shes head up....ears lopped...

when shes running in a hurry she doesnt do it but when shes playing and running she does!

the vet before crimbo said dogs do it...shes just a bit odd:lol:

shes done it since we got her last summer...so i didnt worry too much...but new dose of panacur must be given once more arrives.......but her running so crazy is just something she enjoys doing..probably cos we laugh and talk to her in a silly voice:oops::oops::lol:

no seriously its only ever been when she plays..its terrifying when you first see it...shes not slowed down then suddenly puts on the brakes and looks to see if youre scared!!:shock::lol:

like i said the vet was very bemused......and all other times like running up for food...or a fuss or to chase the cats from under the bed...she runs perfectly normally.

vet had never encountered this in a bunny before..neither had i...just wondering if anyone else had...obviously not an EC bun..poor things. nope just a behaviour quirck?!

ve gotta get her on video doing it...she does it around me bed before mad dashing and binkying on it..leaving me little black presents as she goes!

Doodee pulls a similar stunt - she never binkied and it was quiet a while before she even attempted something that even passed for one. In Doodees case I think she had been so badly treated she never learnt what a real binkie was. She certainly reacts like a savage with other buns so I think her flop head skip and crash is as close to a binky as her muddled crazy head can come up with - usually just as the gas fire is put on and she head straight towards it to hog it for the entire evening.:lol:

That's strange, Harleys the same but only when he's on stairs :? If he's sat on a stair step, or going up the stairs he cocks his head to one side like he has head tilt and ear on the tilted side goes down too :? Strange rabbit!

That is very odd o_O Funnily enough the other day my friend told me she had seen a petshop bunny doing exactly that! She said she was watching he/she and he/she ran round wildly and binkying but with his/her head tilting to one side. Then he/she stopped to eat and was perfectly ok :? I told her it sounded like a weird binky lol.

oh my..phew relief!!

thank you doodee (love the name:lol:) so lily is not the only one with crazy head run!

thank you harley too....lily will be pleased..or unhappy she thought she was unique:lol:

vegan bunny im glad your friend saw this....thank all 3 of you....i was worried sick..i mean she is one mental bun with attitude...and i fear unbondable...too territorial...and crazy:oops: the rescue said she was 4 and a half and theyd had her spayed......she also chins...vertically...her head is raised like its on the end of a fishing rod...nose pointing skyward......

she chins up and down vertically and her eyes roll like crazy...she gets narked if you interrupt her chinning...oh and she also likes her chin being rubbed. hmm think the rescue forgot to tell me shes nuts?:lol:

Back