• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old Jack, back on his feet!- bad news!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
As you may be able to tell, Jack is much stronger again after his near fatal infection. You may also be able to tell that I will have to redecorate the front hall when the spring arrives!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

009-3.jpg

Last edited:
:shock: Is he in the house! Awww :love:

Yes, he's been in the front hall since mid november.:oops:

He is very arthritic and stiffened up in the first frosts, we only took him in at night time but then developed an abscess in his hoof and couldn't stand. It was much easier to treat him inside and better for him to be warm.
We have a glass door between the living room and front hall and he is often found peering through it, and we suspect he is in the process of trying to figure out how to open the door!:roll::shock:

Yes, he's been in the front hall since mid november.:oops:

He is very arthritic and stiffened up in the first frosts, we only took him in at night time but then developed an abscess in his hoof and couldn't stand. It was much easier to treat him inside and better for him to be warm.
We have a glass door between the living room and front hall and he is often found peering through it, and we suspect he is in the process of trying to figure out how to open the door!:roll::shock:

That is so heartwarming :love:

I was giving Jack's abscess it's daily clean out and I was devastated to find another pocket of pus on the other side of the clench, between his toes. I've burst it and squeezed out as much pus as he will allow ( he so much stronger and kicks like a horse). I can feel it is linked to the other one, which goes from the sole of the foot to the outside of the top of the hoof. I am worried this means we are not winning the fight to kill off the bacteria. As many rabbit owner's know abscesses are hard to treat at the best of times, I'm now worried the whole hoof is riddled with infection.:cry:

Oh no! So sad there's been this setback when he'd been doing so well. Are you using manuka honey in the abscess? It's good to syringe it in (slightly warmed) so that it sweeps all the debris out. Apologies if you've already used it... :oops:

I was using it but stopped as all the straw was sticking to it after I stopped bandaging him ( under vets advice), looks like I will have to start again.:(

i'm sorry about jack's setback. many vibes for his poorly hoof. and he looks so lovely in his photo. be strong, jack.[and you get into the living room by sneaking in quick when someone opens the door. snuggle down fast and they won't have the heart to move you...;)]

Oh dear, that is so demoralising just as you feel he is improving. I hope it's just a minor setback.

He's very handsome :love: Poor Jack, I really hope he can get rid of the abscess :( Sending lots of vibes. xoxox

Back