• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear, I would appear to have acquired some bunnies...

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
The joys of being known locally! A neighbour mentioned to me that one of her friends had caught four bunnies which she had spotted dumped in a field and was looking for someone to take them. She had been given the details of a local "rescue" (one which I happen to know used to breed from the rescue bunnies and sell the babies to pet shops!) but was starting to grow a bit attached and wasn't sure she wanted them to go into rescue after all...my neighbour asked if I'd go and have a chat with her as she knows I've got bunnies and have worked with rescues.

So yesterday we spoke on the phone and she thought she might like to keep two of them, so we agreed that I'd pop over today and sex them, and then work out what to do. When I got there, one of them had escaped overnight and they had been unable to find it :cry: I think that shook her up a bit, because she'd obviously caught them to save them from being loose in the wild...so between us we decided that it was best that she let me take them. Not what I wanted right now, but then if I'd left them where they were, I think the same would have happened with the others. So for now I've taken them round a friend's house where they are all settling down in a nice hutch and run combo. All boys, about 8-10 weeks old I reckon (bits not dropped yet), so we're going to have to keep a very close eye on them to make sure that they are separated if they need to be when they turn teenage.

Here they are! If you're interested in adopting one of these little chaps when they've been neutered, please get in touch :)

Parsnip:
Parsnip2.jpg

Turnip:
Turnip2.jpg

Sprout:
sprout2.jpg

Yes it makes me wonder if a breeder chucked out a litter that they'd been unable to sell at Christmas, but kept the girls for breeding? Seems a bit odd for them all to be male, but they definitely are!

:love::love::love: Gorgeous bunnies, so sad that the 4th went missing; I really hope against hope that he turns up again.

Yeah me too :cry: sadly I doubt it, though. He was a similar colour to sprout so quite obvious in the fields, and there are foxes around where they live :cry: the only silver lining is that had he not escaped, I don't think she'd have let me take the other 3 today, at least 3 out of 4 are safe now, it was 0 originally, poor things.

It doesn't sound good then. :(:( So sad, but you're quite right in that it means that at least his brothers are now safe.

So sad but at least these boys are very lucky and how lovely of you to take them :love: They are all gorgeous and I love their names! :D

We had a very silly conversation here, that went something like this:

Me: You need to see the bunnies - there are pictures up
OH: No, I don't want to see the bunnies or I might want them
Me: Get your head out of the sand and look at the bunnies!

...and so it went on! :lol:

aaah shame the other one got away :( maybe he/she will turn up....and bless you for taking them...they so small still....and so beautiful!:love:

Back